Maltose Express: A Shout Out for my LHBS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edds5p0

KN4SQH
Reaction score
When a store gets something wrong, we all immediately want to share their gaff with others. I think it is important to also share our positive experiences. I have been to Maltose Express a handful of times since moving to Connecticut, and I have patronized a total of 6 LHBS since I began brewing. By far, Maltose Express has been the finest I've used. Every time I go in with my son, they immediately run to the back and put together a small bag of candi sugar for him to snack on. On my last brew I accidentally threw away my priming sugars, and they replaced the bag for free. They always have some home brews and wines on tap for sampling, and they have the largest inventory in house that I have ever seen. Everyone there is very helpful and always approach me when I go in. If you live anywhere near Monroe, CT or if you have mail order needs, I strongly recommend checking them out.

I second Maltose as an excellent place to shop. They've just recently added mail order and while I've not tried it yet, if it's anything like their in-store service I can't say enough about the operation. Tess, Mark, Bud, Al and the rest of the crew run a great business and are always game to answer a question. They also stock a huge inventory of clone kits for many current and past favorite brews.

Highly recommended.

Back