I didnt correctly install my airlock in my primary fermentor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treefarmr

Reaction score
On Sunday I transferred my wort from my kettle to a primary fermenter, added the yeast, sealed the container and installed the airlock. After a day and a half I noticed bubbles in the tube of the airlock.

Today (Wednesday), I was going through my gear and found a piece of the airlock I forgot to install. It's the burper thing. I sanitized it and installed it, immediately it started burping.

How bad is this? What can I expect from this mistake?

on sunday i transferred my wort from my kettle to a primary fermenter, added the yeast, sealed the container and installed the airlock. After a day and a half i noticed bubbles in the tube of the airlock.

Today (wednesday), i was going through my gear and found a piece of the airlock i forgot to install. It's the burper thing. I sanitized it and installed it, immediately it started burping.

How bad is this? What can i expect from this mistake?

rdwhahb.

RDWHAHB

If it started bubbling immediately that means its still vigorously fermenting. Kinda difficult for stuff to get in with all the C02 coming out. Youll be fine.

With homebrewing its typically not possible to fix mistakes after the fact anyways. Just ensure you dont repeat them in the future and don't waste time worrying about spilled milk.

RDWHAHB

So On my first attempt at a Home brew I didnt put water in mine. I was like why is the thing not moving up and down. Everything turned out fine. So no worries you should be fine.

Gotta agree with this. Since initial fermentation was stil in full swing,it should be ok. Lots of co2 being produced...but keep an eye on it anyway.:mug:

Back