which brand of cooler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nianticcardplayer

Homebrewing Since 2009
Reaction score
Well here's an approach I have searched and found no answer to. I have been looking at going all grain and I have come across an Igloo branded round cooler and a rubbermaid branded round cooler, both 5 gallon's one at lowes blue in color and says lowes 21 bucks, and the rubbermaid is at Menards and of course it's green in color and when I look inside the cooler it seems the connection is smaller than the Igloo branded, and of course it's 2 dollars cheaper at 19 dollars...both 5 gallons..

Menards does not have 10 gallon in the store, and Lowes has 10 gallons both rubbermaid and igloo in store igloo 50 bucks rubbermaid 48....I think I will be going 10 gallons but I am not sold totally on it yet so I am more or less looking at which "brand would be better. Open to all suggestions.

Ron

I looked at all the same you did. I decided that the igloo brand seemed better to me. No real reason, I had to pick one and I liked the igloo a little better. The local home depot is a piece of crap too, so I try to avoid it if I can.

I ended up with the orange igloo shipped from Walmart for $50.

Back