Best way to add clarify and sweeten cider?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klowneyy

Reaction score
Hello I am kinda new to making ciders and I was wondering what is the best way to clarify and sweeten your cider without making it to coordinated? Thanks

klowneyy said:
Hello I am kinda new to making ciders and I was wondering what is the best way to clarify and sweeten your cider without making it to coordinated? Thanks

Depends. What stage are you at? Still cloudy? You can let it ferment dry, cold crash, and add your sugary substance.

Meadiator said:
Depends. What stage are you at? Still cloudy? You can let it ferment dry, cold crash, and add your sugary substance.

I have several at different stages I have one 1 gallon that's 1 week in another 1 gallon batch at 2 weeks in and just moved into second fermentation and a 5 gallon one that's at about a week in a half

I got 3# of Xylitol from amazon, haven't used it yet, not sure if I will....read about it on someone's cider making blog.

Clearing is mostly a matter of time, though cold-crashing the whole batch can help speed up the process.

And if it never clears completely...it's not the end of the world. Close your eyes and it will still taste the same ;)

Back