Tool!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

46andbrew

Reaction score
Now I've seen here that we all love all kinds of music. So I want to see how many TOOL fans we have. I love TOOL I've seen them 10 times I've meet Maynard I have many signed things by the band. I'm obsessed u could say. Though I don't think I'm alone actually I know I'm not sooo. How many TOOL freaks do we have out there.

One here! One of my favorite bands!

Never seen them in concert tho! Favorite song?

Have you heard The string quartet tribute to tool? They have two albums that i know of- aenima and anatomica

Hehe.. funny. I just came to this thread from YouTube where I was watching Puscifer videos.

Totally dig TOOL! So does my wife, and 9 year old daughter.

On a side note, I asked her to marry me during APC playing "weak and powerless" at lollapalooza in 2011. We have yet to see TOOL though....:(

Love tool! They are my second favorite band next to the original Alice in Chains. Maynard is very talented with all of his bands and his vineyard/winery. Watched the documentary "Blood into Wine" a few months ago about his winery it was pretty good. Now I just need to score a bottle.

aeviaanah said:
One here! One of my favorite bands!

Never seen them in concert tho! Favorite song?

Have you heard The string quartet tribute to tool? They have two albums that i know of- aenima and anatomica

Favorite song is an impossible question to answer for a tool fan they are all my fav

aeviaanah said:
I think they are one of the most underrated band.

I don't think they are underrated at all anyone I know who likes them loves them and anyone who's seen them had seen them at least 3 times

BreezyBrew said:
I think Tool is one of the most over rated bands out there.

Please explain! I must know why u feel this way. Because that is bull so musically talented and live there is no better so I must know

I've seen them at the UIC pavilion, it was a great show. I think the bouncers were confused about (the name tool) and how to check people at the door, because he touched my junk.

Count me in, I would love to see them in concert. I also love A Perfect Circle. I think my favorite song would have to be Eulogy, but Jambi is a close second.

I would have to say the perfect tool song is lateralus. Musically it's magic but I'm so torn on my favorite song when I say this or that song I think of this and that song. So I do it by album. My fav song off opiate is opiate. My fav song off undertow is 4 degrees or undertow I think. My fav song off aenema is third eye or hooker with a penis or pu**** or H. My fav song off lateralus is ticks and leeches or the grudge or lateralus. My fav song off 10000 days is jambi or Rosetta stoned or the pot or vicarious. So I'm torn as u see

I'm not much of a fan, but my husband is a Tool freak. He just loves them, and admires Maynard's talent greatly.

I always tell him that there is nothing like Prison Sex to really put you in the mood. :p

The new cover of "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Puscifer (singer from Tool & Perfect Circle) is spot on!

I've had three opportunities to see Tool and only got to go to one. During a brief intermission, if you could call it that, the opening band's drummer got hit set rolled out on stage and did a "solo" set with Danny Carey. It was downright amazing to see and I could only imagine that it was the highlight of what is otherwise a no-name band's career. I usually have a few beers when I go to see shows but I wanted to stay sober for this one so I could truly appreciate the music. The only complaint I had was that I think they had too much gear for the venue. The arena that the show was in seemed a little to small for how loud it was and at times it sounded overly distorted and hard to pick out what was going on, but the visuals and the light show was awe inspiring. I would go again in a heartbeat if given a chance.

Please explain! I must know why u feel this way. Because that is bull so musically talented and live there is no better so I must know

It's like a damn cult. Tool fans are always so into Tool they feel the need to get a Tool tattoo. And if you don't believe me, google image search Tool tattoo. Don't get me wrong, they have a lot more talent than most, but every fan I have met loses their mind and has to preach like they are the gospel.

An over generalization, I know but that's my prejudice.

BreezyBrew said:
It's like a damn cult. Tool fans are always so into Tool they feel the need to get a Tool tattoo. And if you don't believe me, google image search Tool tattoo. Don't get me wrong, they have a lot more talent than most, but every fan I have met loses their mind and has to preach like they are the gospel.

Too funny I got a tool tattoo when I was 18 and still love it. What am I supposed to get I love mom or I love beer wouldn't that be lame. Not everyone has to love TOOL but they should lol

Funny. I feel the same way about Phish and Dave Matthews fans. Meh, to each their own...

Seen them live. They put on a great show and they make great music.
Even their music videos are cool. I don't know about Maynard wines though.

His wine is good but I'm not a wino. I have three bottles singed by Maynard I meet him in Boston about 4 years ago.

Tool is amazing to say the least! Ive seen them twice and both shows were incredible. Cant wait for the next album release this year.

I love Tool but think they are money grubbing ********. A few years ago when they put out ten thousand days, I dsigned up for their exclusive fan club. Sot me some money but as it said on the website "Get first shot at tickets to shows". So I paid my twenty bucks and promptly got my sticker of a square (yeah awesome sticker guys. I put it, well, nowhere because it was a frigging square). So they were playing the show at small clubs and I wanted to go. I waited and hoped and wished for a fan club presale.

Nope, just a presale to the scalpers. Nothing. Just plain old ticketmaster. I was on (as were four of my friends) the moment it went on sale. Sold out in three seconds. However, go on Craigslist and every ticket vendor is selling tickets for 200 bucks.

I ended up with tickets (walked to the venue on the day of the show and bought a ticket). But by this time, Maynard was rocking his gay cowboy routine. Kind of screwed up my opinion of the guy. He was always this weird little troll on stage, now there's this dude wearing skin tight jeans, a cowboy hat, and aviator glasses, dancing and swinging his hips.

The show was good and not the first time I have seen them. But I was really disappointed in the way they didn't give a rat's ass about their "true fans". I threw my square sticker away.

BoomerHarley said:
I love Tool but think they are money grubbing ********. A few years ago when they put out ten thousand days, I dsigned up for their exclusive fan club. Sot me some money but as it said on the website "Get first shot at tickets to shows". So I paid my twenty bucks and promptly got my sticker of a square (yeah awesome sticker guys. I put it, well, nowhere because it was a frigging square). So they were playing the show at small clubs and I wanted to go. I waited and hoped and wished for a fan club presale.

Nope, just a presale to the scalpers. Nothing. Just plain old ticketmaster. I was on (as were four of my friends) the moment it went on sale. Sold out in three seconds. However, go on Craigslist and every ticket vendor is selling tickets for 200 bucks.

I ended up with tickets (walked to the venue on the day of the show and bought a ticket). But by this time, Maynard was rocking his gay cowboy routine. Kind of screwed up my opinion of the guy. He was always this weird little troll on stage, now there's this dude wearing skin tight jeans, a cowboy hat, and aviator glasses, dancing and swinging his hips.

The show was good and not the first time I have seen them. But I was really disappointed in the way they didn't give a rat's ass about their "true fans". I threw my square sticker away.

So I missed the part where u made a good point about them being " money grubbing ********". So u singed up to be in the tool army for what 50 bucks right I'm a member to got a couple of cool things and have had some access to other rare stuff too. About their club tour in 06 I was at the Boston show very intimate and great paid 250 off a scalper had the same problem getting tickets. But if u think that was on them your all wrong I've had the same problem with many other bands its not the bands fault that ticket masters sucks ass and for some reason online scalping is legal. Do u know how much Red Sox Yankees tickets where online a few years ago. Oh wait now I must hate the sox because I over paid to see the team I love. If tool where " money grubbing ******** " do u think they would have 5 more albums out right now full of crap. They have been around since 1991 they had plenty of time to write crap and release it for a few bucks. I'm not saying I agree with every thing they do but I love every song. They re rock stars u know and it is a business. Also tool army is not run by any of the members of tool

As a musician and specifically as a drummer, I really appreciate their musicality, especially the time signatures they can all wrap themselves into and play around. Danny Carey is very talented in this respect, beyond just about any other drummer I can think of - maybe Terry Bozzio. As a Christian, I don't think we'd get along in person, I wish they were using their talents differently, but I recognize the talent nonetheless.

smakudwn said:
I like the band but I guess I am in the minority, the show I saw was boring. I liked APC live though.

Defiantly in the minority. I've see them 10 times a perfect circle once and puscifer once all of them great shows but the tool shows take the cake. The most recent last year, music was spot on and the light show and visuals were incredible.

The part about them being money grubbing:

50 bucks to join a fan club that straight up advertised "early access to tickets to shows" (they've changed this now), and then they had no access whatsoever. Every single ticket went to industry insiders or scalpers. For fifty bucks, I got: a sticker of a square that took a retarded monkey thirty seconds to draw, access to a bulletin board, and uh "early access to tickets."

Sorry, but it isn't cool. I love Tool. I just don't think they give a **** about their fans. How many bands have fan clubs? Lots. How many charge you fifty bucks to be in them? Not that many. What's the reason or point? They make millions. Hell look at Maynards wine, tell me it isn't about the money.

So I missed the part where u made a good point about them being " money grubbing ********". So u singed up to be in the tool army for what 50 bucks right I'm a member to got a couple of cool things and have had some access to other rare stuff too. About their club tour in 06 I was at the Boston show very intimate and great paid 250 off a scalper had the same problem getting tickets. But if u think that was on them your all wrong I've had the same problem with many other bands its not the bands fault that ticket masters sucks ass and for some reason online scalping is legal. Do u know how much Red Sox Yankees tickets where online a few years ago. Oh wait now I must hate the sox because I over paid to see the team I love. If tool where " money grubbing ******** " do u think they would have 5 more albums out right now full of crap. They have been around since 1991 they had plenty of time to write crap and release it for a few bucks. I'm not saying I agree with every thing they do but I love every song. They re rock stars u know and it is a business. Also tool army is not run by any of the members of tool

Dude, it's always about money. People want money to do things.
I used to be in a band and made no money so i got a job to make money. If i could make money playing and recording that would be cool but its hard.

You get to a point when you start thinking about the future.

Dude, it's always about money. People want money to do things.
I used to be in a band and made no money so i got a job to make money. If i could make money playing and recording that would be cool but its hard.

You get to a point when you start thinking about the future.

I aggree completely. But I also think you get to a point where you reazile "Holy crap, I am completely rich. I've bought a few vineyards and own my own town. Considering the vast majority of this money is from poor kids, perhaps I'd do better if I treated them like human beings and didn't try to rape as much as possible as I can out of them."

Case in point, the ****ing rolling stones are doing their "last tour ever" tickets range from 175-600 bucks a pop. Why? They already have more money than God. You would think that after 50 years of playing, they'd just sell tickets for twent y bucks and make their fans happy. But no, let's see how much we can get.

On the flipside, Kid Rock is selling all seats to all shows for 20 bucks. If you buy your ticket at Walmart there are no service fees. And for each show he reserves a bunch of good tickets and releases them a few days before the show. This effectively stops scalping and he will still make a buttload of money while allowing his fans (usually not a bunch of rich people) the opportunity to see him without paying through the teeth.

For the record I am not a Kid Rock fan. But this mentality makes me truly appreciate him as a human being.

I'm in a band too. I work for a living and have no problem playing for free. The fact that my band sucks helps.

Back