pie filling wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hitthewall79

Reaction score
so i was at my local grocery store yesterday, and i stumbled upon the pie filling section. I looked at the ingrediants, and to my surprise, it had no preservatives in it. Could there be a possibility that you are able to make wine out of pie filling?

you 're going to need a lot of pectin enzyme because the canned fruit is cooked, maybe 2-3 times normal. If there is a lot of corn sugar (early in the ingredients list) i'd try straining some out.
cooked fruit really pumps out sulphur, so you need stepped nutrient additions and degas often
I use a lot of canned blueberries so pie filling isn't too weird to try.

<------ Click on recipes. My mixed berry and cherry pie wine feature pie fillings. Essentially you can take my "general concentrate" wine and can switch out a container of concentrate for a container of fruit pie filling one for one.

Yooper said:
I've done it! I've even used a great big (Sam's Club size) jug of cranberry sauce to make cranberry wine.

Don't intend to hijack the thread, but how did your cranberry turn out? I made some cranberry wine a couple of years ago. 3lbs Cranberries & 1lb Golden raisins for a gallon batch... It was the best wine I've ever made, really need to make more.

Don't intend to hijack the thread, but how did your cranberry turn out? I made some cranberry wine a couple of years ago. 3lbs Cranberries & 1lb Golden raisins for a gallon batch... It was the best wine I've ever made, really need to make more.

It was good! Someone sent me a PM about a week or so ago, asking for the details but I can't find my notes anymore.

It was a huge can of that "whole" sauce, about 7 pounds I think. I made a three gallon batch. It was pretty light, like a rose', but had a definite cranberry flavor and aroma to it.

Latest posts

Back