holy hopslam batman!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronjonacron

Reaction score
Wow, bells brewery is one of my favorites with their kalamazoo stout being my go to stout. Picked up a 6 pack of hopslam and nearly had a stroke whem they rang it up, $17.. cracked one open after they sat in the fridge for 24 hours and holy smokes!! Worth every penny!!! Super smooth bitterness, and i wouldnt believe the bottle's boasted 10% abv until i had a couple and went to stand up. If this is available to you, try it!

They still got Hopslam in the General store????

Picking the kid up from Western Mich in Kzoo on Thursday. I KNOW where I wanna go for lunch!

Yea I agree Bell's does a nice job. Love Two Hearted and Oberon.

Tried my first Hopslam the other day and was really impressed by the immense hop character, even after three months in the bottle.

Awesome to hear that you like Hopslam. Too bad you did not get to try last years, I and a lot of other people I talked to thought it was much better than this years. The most recent batch had less hop aroma and was a little sweeter than the previous Hopslam releases. Still a great DIPA though.

Awesome to hear that you like Hopslam. Too bad you did not get to try last years, I and a lot of other people I talked to thought it was much better than this years. The most recent batch had less hop aroma and was a little sweeter than the previous Hopslam releases. Still a great DIPA though.

I've heard this year after year about Hopslam now. I'm wondering if people aren't just inflating it's greatness in their own minds to the point where they're consistently disappointed that "this year's batch wasn't as good."

I've had it. It's damned tasty and a fine ale for certain. But over-celebrated methinks.

For my dollar, Terripin's Hopzilla is a much better DIPA and I never hear about how it was better in X year.

It's worth it. But so is Founder's Double Trouble coming out in a couple weeks. Can't wait!

I didn't think the bottled version lived up to the hype, but I had some from the tap and that was a completely different beer and so amazing! When I got my bottles, they were less than a week old too.

17$? I paid $25 for mine and i've had it before ... So I bought 2.

CHEERS, Freaking best beer. Gotta love me some bells.

Wow, bells brewery is one of my favorites with their kalamazoo stout being my go to stout. Picked up a 6 pack of hopslam and nearly had a stroke whem they rang it up, $17.. cracked one open after they sat in the fridge for 24 hours and holy smokes!! Worth every penny!!! Super smooth bitterness, and i wouldnt believe the bottle's boasted 10% abv until i had a couple and went to stand up. If this is available to you, try it!

I've heard this year after year about Hopslam now. I'm wondering if people aren't just inflating it's greatness in their own minds to the point where they're consistently disappointed that "this year's batch wasn't as good."

I've had it. It's damned tasty and a fine ale for certain. But over-celebrated methinks.

For my dollar, Terripin's Hopzilla is a much better DIPA and I never hear about how it was better in X year.

Definitely could be some truth to this, but I personally have only had the last two batches and could easily tell between the two. Last batch was noticeably sweeter at finish.

As far as Terripin never had Hopzilla, but have had their Hopsecutioner a few times and thought it was very good.

If you liked it, you should have had the past few years batches, this one was bad in comparison! I just bottled a beer that I believe will rival it 1st taste was extremely impressive, if it's good, I'll post the recipe.

That beer never did a damn thing for me. I'll drink Two Hearted all day, but Hopslam is a lot of hype. Like the majority of Bell's brews. *Runs*

I thought this years was pretty good. Last year was a bit low on the hoppy scale, the year before that pretty good and the year before that was awesome! And the best was on tap at a beer fest in GR.

My problem is it's 10% and I don't like feeling wiped out just any old day of the week. I like to sit and drink it watching a hockey game or a movie.

I had it on tap a few times this year and also thought it was better the year before. It was still a great beer but seemed to be lacking the aroma and flavor I remembered from last year. I think these big hoppy beers can loose some character quickly if you don't drink them fresh.

Yeah, wish it was a nbiy lower on the abv, but i was mostly impressed with how smooth the bitterness was. Very hoppu, but still not too horribly dry. My number one beers arent usually ipas, but this one was good.

Back