New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah,color is good,as lil misty,good head. Looks like it brewed up real well. It'll be next week beforwe I can post a first pick of my dark hybrid lager.

image-86301514.jpg
Moose Drool Clone and a sriracha, garlic, tomato, spinach, turkey, and cheese omelet to celebrate my last night shift for a while.

#breakfastofchampions #winninggraveyards

What's your pliny recipe? That looks good!

OG: 1.072
FG: 1.008
6 gal batch

14.5 lbs 2 Row
10 oz CaraPils
5 oz C40
0.75 lb Corn Sugar

Mash @ 150ºF for 60 minutes

3 oz Columbus 14.4% (90 min)
0.75 oz Columbus 14.4% (45 min)
1 oz Simcoe 13.2% (30 min)
2.5 oz Simcoe & 1 oz Centennial (flameout)

1.6L WLP001

Dry hop #1: 1.5 oz Columbus, 1 oz Simcoe, 1 oz Centennial & 0.75 oz Amarillo (7 days)

Dry hop #2: 0.75 oz Columbus, 0.75 Simcoe, 0.5 oz Centennial & 0.5 oz Amarillo (5 days)

OG: 1.072
FG: 1.008
6 gal batch

14.5 lbs 2 Row
10 oz CaraPils
5 oz C40
0.75 lb Corn Sugar

Mash @ 150ºF for 60 minutes

3 oz Columbus 14.4% (90 min)
0.75 oz Columbus 14.4% (45 min)
1 oz Simcoe 13.2% (30 min)
2.5 oz Simcoe & 1 oz Centennial (flameout)

1.6L WLP001

Dry hop #1: 1.5 oz Columbus, 1 oz Simcoe, 1 oz Centennial & 0.75 oz Amarillo (7 days)

Dry hop #2: 0.75 oz Columbus, 0.75 Simcoe, 0.5 oz Centennial & 0.5 oz Amarillo (5 days)

How'd that turn out? It looks pretty in-line with what I want to try soon.

How'd that turn out? It looks pretty in-line with what I want to try soon.

I have to rely on my memory from a few months ago, but it seems pretty close to the real Pliny. I think I actually based my recipe on the one you posted on your blog from late 2012.

I have to rely on my memory from a few months ago, but it seems pretty close to the real Pliny. I think I actually based my recipe on the one you posted on your blog from late 2012.

I brewed one very similar to yours but without the Amarillo. Supposedly the recipe I got was right from Russian River. I will say I've never had the real Pliny so I don't know if mine is close, but it sure tastes damn good. Bitter as hell though.

dsc0069yu.jpg

Cracked a sacrificial bottle of my Simcoe/Citra IPA after 6 days conditioning, holy tropical fruit flavor. This should be excellent after a bit more time in the fridge.

Here's a shot of my dark hybrid lager at 1 week fridge time. the carbonation was fine bubbled,but camera doesn't really capture it;
http://[URL=http://s563.photobucket.com/user/unionrdr/media/PICT0001-2_zps566e80db.jpg.html] [/URL]
Looks like a spirit orb in the bottom of the glass. It-is-alive! Bwaaaahahahaaaa! The more I look at that orb,it looks like a red eyed deamon starin down at another beings' face!?...just what I saw,in my own dreams...were they reflections of my warped mind staring back at me?!

Last edited by a moderator:
My oatmeal chocolate stout I brewed in January that's been kegged for two months now. It's getting better and better. I hope I can ration it to the 5-6 month mark. The first pic is a companion pic with some chili I made from scratch. That was a good lazy day! Not bad for not having a nitro faucet.

IMAG0815.jpg

IMAG0818.jpg

Berliner Weisse @ 4% ABV

10h13j4.jpg

Brewed like Sean Coates

Mash in cooler let it stay in there untill it hits 35 degrees C then add 1 kg 2 row uncrushed
Keep temp on 35 degrees C tatste every 6 hours or so untill the sourness reaches the requered taste.
Then filter and boil for 5 min cool down and fermented with Wyeast 1007 German Ale.
Keep bitternes below 5 IBU

Result a wunderfull/tasty/refreshing beer

Just came across this. First beer I ever made over 3 years ago. Honey Amber Ale. Tasted like crap then, tastes like crap now :)

image-2904256150.jpg

Sour Mashed Saison... took a while to come into it's own, but the sourness has died down a bit, and the spicy saison shows through.
12334_518232304900707_322359037_n.jpg

And yes, the ENTIRE mash was soured at 100F for two days.

Here's a pic of me and my bf's very first original red IPA. Since we were born and raised in Boston, we're calling it our 'BOSTON STRONG Crimson Ale' in honor of the recent events our beloved city has endured.

image-1299871181.jpg

Here is my Scottish 80 shilling with heather.

ForumRunner_20130420_193356.jpg

I have no idea why the hbt app puts them in sideways.

Decided to sample my Kilt Lifter clone a bit early. Tastes great, but another week of conditioning and it should be good to go!

Poured a test of my summer blonde (picture makes it look a lot more amber) came out really good though its a little young on the carbonation still

TFA.jpg

Back