Suggestions for Nampa, Id

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScoutMan

Reaction score
I'll be working down there the next few weeks, wondered if anyone knows of a good place with a decent selection of micros or perhaps a brewpub in the area. TIA , it will surely make the time go a little faster......

Thanks k-nup. I'll go check out the homebrew shop. Id love to head into Boise, but company vehicles and beer tasting are a bad combo. Guess they do have taxis in the big city though......

Check out Sockeye Brewing Company. Pretty good beers and they have a Boise address but are on the way towards Nampa. (may be a little cheaper cabride then heading all the way into town).

Sockeye is still in Boise. Cole and Ustick rd's. There's also Table Rock on Capital Blvd. and another one. It used to be Harrison Hollow but now it's something different.

Highlands Hollow in Boise. Went there this weekend. Great beers. Great food. Nice atmosphere. Also went to Table Rock. Not impressed with the beer there or the food or the service or really anything else. Maybe just a bad day for them. Highlands was worth the drive from Nampa for me though.
Just posting in case your still interested.

Big Al's in Meridian 32 beers on tap. I second Sockeye. There's another on Eagle road in meridian but last I heard they were still working on restaurant part of it. May be better choices than Boise.

wow, 5+ years and back from the dead. If anyone still cares, Messenger Pizza is by far the best selection for craft beer in Nampa itself. Not a huge tap selection (8 last time I was in there, if memory serves) but they are all quality regional and West coast offerings (Old Rasputin, Ninkasi, Deschutes, etc.) and they have a decent selection of bottles. The pizza's pretty good as well.

Nampa is really picking up with the Crescent Brewery on 16th just next to the overpass and the new Idaho Hop House which is a Brewforia type place with Micros on Tap and available to buy and take home and soon a food will be available.......:mug:

Ya, Hop House has taken over as my go-to beer bar in Nampa. Don, the owner, is a real cool dude, and he usually has a hockey game on. The food's also very good, and he always has a nice variety of quality brews available on tap with a decent selection of bottles for purchase.

Back