What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its a Schells night. Got a 12 pack sampler for 10 bucks. Ok local brewery, dont make anything too special but they've been around for awhile near me and I like to support them.

ForumRunner_20130408_212933.png

ForumRunner_20130408_212945.jpg

Swarley88 said:
Its a Schells night. Got a 12 pack sampler for 10 bucks. Ok local brewery, dont make anything too special but they've been around for awhile near me and I like to support them.

Those glasses look familiar. ;)

A Bourbon Barrel Stout. It was originally a little too harsh as it was the first brew in this barrel. Sometime in the last 4 months it has mellowed to a very pleasant full bodied beer. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm!

bottlebomber said:
Don't like the taste of beer? ;)

I knew someone would bust him on that. :D

Swarley88 said:
Ahh yes, they are getting some use as you can see. Did your package come today? If not it should be there tomorrow for sure

Didn't come today. Should come tomorrow.

My own rice wine. Not bad, never had this much of it though. So, I'm not really sure what to expect.

Cream ale while watching thunderball (James Bond). I'm headed to bed, after this one...

WesleyS said:
I knew someone would bust him on that. :D
When I saw several posts gone by and nothing, I figured I'd let one off. My good buddy that got me into brewing (but coincidently knows next to nothing about it) always frosts his mugs. I'd run the mug under cold water before I let him pour beer, and it always pissed him off. He's 20 years my elder though, so there's no way I can tell him anything.

You're really going all out tonight aren't you Nord.. Punk. I've never even had a Berliner

Brew one. :p They're super simple. I have one in primary that was easily my easiest AG brew so far. I've had this, Bell's Oarsman and one other I can't recall ATM :)drunk: when I drank it), other than that, I can't think of many available. Brewpubs maybe, our neighborhood spot does one once every two years or so. Good stuff for a go to pucker brew. :mug:

NordeastBrewer77 said:
Brew one. :p They're super simple. I have one in primary that was easily my easiest AG brew so far. I've had this, Bell's Oarsman and one other I can't recall ATM :)drunk: when I drank it), other than that, I can't think of many available. Brewpubs maybe, our neighborhood spot does one once every two years or so. Good stuff for a go to pucker brew. :mug:

I've been thinking about it. Did you do your own lacto or buy a culture? Boil or no boil?

Bought a culture, I prefer to let a lab do that if possible. Sour mash, ~65 hrs, 5 min boil to kill lacto, pitched us-05.

Not meaning to get off thread but since you kill the lacto you dont need another set of equip to brew a sour mash Berliner??? I havent given brewing any kind of sour because of the equip issue.
Anyway another Greenbush DuneGräs IPA

ForumRunner_20130409_003559.jpg

Having a HB DIPA I dubbed Alexas IPA (for SWMBO) 100 IBUs of hoppy goodness (9% for the pantydropping/buzz ain't bad either)

Sitting having a cup of coffee, today there's a delay to go to work and no school for the kids. It's cold and nasty windy.
I need to finish my garage tonight at least the sanding and get the second coat of mud up. I wish work was canceled so I could work on it all day.

Not meaning to get off thread but since you kill the lacto you dont need another set of equip to brew a sour mash Berliner??? I havent given brewing any kind of sour because of the equip issue.

That's the idea, kill the bugs and ferment with sacch., and have a sour that's done quick and can go right into the keg rotation without worries of cross contamination.

How Nords hides in the bottle shops like Home alone 2. Once anything new is on the shelves its gone before it opens.. :mug:

Pretty much. :D Really though, I found the Over Rated! by accident. I knew it was out and I was keeping an eye peeled, but I went over to the cooler to get some Size 7 and BLAAAAM!! Over Rated! was right there waiting for me to buy it. Limit two 4 pks, luckily my wife was with me. :ban:

Hydro/taste sample of my 16month old traditional sour saison

20130409_153200_Hagrid-1.jpg

OG: 1.053 , around 21 ibu. 7.2 SRM according to beersmith.
FG: 1.003 clear enough to read through.

Notes:
Culture of Saccharomyces, Brettonomyces and lactic acid introduced at pitching with wyeast 3724, ramped to 90 through the first 2 weeks, settled in at 65 for the past 15 months.

Nice tart cherry scent, thinking of introducing some fruit for the last 2 months. Being from Maine I want to go blueberries, the flavor profile could support it but I will probably go with raspberry because I'm scared of sweet rather than sour blueberries it being so far out of season.

Back