Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg

Just about done need 2 more shanks and my Bud's will be ready

Just finished mine...

Njc1NzlBMUFFMUE0QTY5MUZBNUE6ZjI1MDQ2NmZhNDJkZWE3MWFlM2VmNmI3NzRmNTdiNzQ=

Njc1NzlBMUFFMUE0QTY5MUZBNUE6MDkzNmFlZTk2YmQ0MTZjZDc3MDVkZTExNmZjNGIyMjc=

Damn.... that came out awesome.

I have been thinking about doing a Danby conversion for a while now, do you have any more pictures from while you were building it?

I'm guessing that you built a false top? If so, how did you attach it to the top of the fridge?

Sorry for the 10 questions routine.

Damn.... that came out awesome.

I have been thinking about doing a Danby conversion for a while now, do you have any more pictures from while you were building it?

I'm guessing that you built a false top? If so, how did you attach it to the top of the fridge?

Sorry for the 10 questions routine.

Thanks scottiws, you can see all the pictures here:

I wrote a DIY, once approved I will repost and PM you.

Where does the drain go?

Ah.. good question. I too thought about that for a few days. I chose to go with a drip tray without a drain. The tray is removable.

Njc1NzlBMUFFMUE0QTY5MUZBNUE6Yzc2NzQ0YTdlNzI4YzdjZDU2Y2IyOGU5NzIxMWI5YTI=

I didn't want to drill another hole through the top of the refrigerator. I like the fact that I can take the tray out and wash it. I also didn't want to deal with tubing, a hole where cold air could escape from, and mounting a bottle inside the refrigerator. Personal preference. :)

Just finished up the kegerator by wrapping it with some barn wood...managed to bust a quick disconnect in the tap switchover and am dealing with a slight line freezing issue. Other than that I'm pretty happy so far, just need a 19" drip tray and I'm all set. Oh, and someone with prettier handwriting than mine needs to label the taps. You can probably guess the before vs. after

image-3142293230.jpg

image-1743411592.jpg

JMBTempest said:
Ah.. good question. I too thought about that for a few days. I chose to go with a drip tray without a drain. The tray is removable.

I didn't want to drill another hole through the top of the refrigerator. I like the fact that I can take the tray out and wash it. I also didn't want to deal with tubing, a hole where cold air could escape from, and mounting a bottle inside the refrigerator. Personal preference. :)

You're a true craftsman. Every aspect is nicely done.

Sanyo that needed some TLC. Tower was missing and the top was totally rotten. Picked up a new tower and spill tray with a drain from Foxx. Made the top from 14ga quilted 316L stainless.

kego1_zpsbb398032.jpg

kego2_zps677d5dfd.jpg

kego4_zpse1c41843.jpg

Finally have something to post here.

8638133376_708bd515af_c.jpg

Still need to build a collar and add actual taps but it's nice having 3 beers on tap.

Jeebas said:
Looks nice. Details? Is that a fridge underneath or a keezer?

There is a fridge underneath behind the larger door. The smaller door is for bottle storage .

She's been in commission for about 4 months now. 2 layers of 1x8 for the collar with spray foam in between. Works good for me.

image-4135365624.jpg

Just finished this up. Gutted the fridge, custom made the top, custom made handles. It's large enough to hold 2 kegs, my co2 bottle, and all my lines

image-1343826374.jpg

image-802776546.jpg

Very nice Andrew. I keep dreaming of what I'm going to build if my plans of buying a house in the next few months come to fruition.

Question for you builders, where is the best place to purchase my kegging components? My plan is to buy everything to assemble a 5 tap keezer and initially purchase only two corny kegs and as time and money allows buy the rest one at a time.

Back