Just got Hop Garden started

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Punity

Reaction score
So i was a little late in the game in finding out how to plant and grow hops. However i was able to go to a local nursery and they had "starts" there i was able to get a Mt. Hood and Nugget. As you can see i am growing in a raised planter for now until i can dig out a garden. Im still trying to figure out the best way to make a temporary trellis for this setup any ideas?

Also since im assuming this is a first year growth for these plants how should i go about with pruning or what to expect from them. And if you see anything that im either doing wrong or could tweak for setup please feel free to say so,

20130519_170301.jpg

i want to build a trellis for them using twine. Those just had to be in there as i just planted them yesterday, when i got them home the little bamboo stick the nursery used wasnt working so they just folded the plant over i guess to give it a uniform height. Once i got them all untangled and acutally to their proper height they had grown to i needed a bigger stick.

Back