Hoegaarden Recipe Advise

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheChris82

Reaction score
So i want to make a hoegaarden since i dont want to pay $50 a case here. I found an easy recipe but had a question about it. Here is the link to the recipe http://www.ibrew.com.sg/Hoegaarden Recipe.asp
Now it says to add carbonation drops can i instead just use a sugar mixture before bottling.
Also it says to remove the bags from the boil now do you put the hops and orange peel into a bag and then remove it or leave something in? Be advised im a big noob but have been reading lots. With a ton of info out there it gets quite overwhelming. Ive only done one beer brew and its actually only half ready to be bottled but want to try my hand at something else.
Ive been making wine for years but now its time to try my hand at the brew.

Thanks in advance

Re: the carbonation drops, you're fine to use sugar. Carbonation drops are used because they're simple - X drops per bottle. You can certainly measure out sugar per bottle or you could rack into another container onto the sugar.

Re: the bag, As I read it, you're going to put a bag in for the boil with coriander seed, orange peel, and saaz hops. Once you stop the boil, pull that bag out. That will remove the all three of them. Nothing should be remain in the beer (though it's possible pieces makes it through the bag)

Hope that helps!

Latest posts

Back