• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Greelee punches and items for electric brewery build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radiant-designer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just ordered my 50A back to back system and was about to order the Geenlee punches and all that but decided before i hit the buy button on Amazon I would see if any others on here may have them laying around that they do not use. Id rather help out a brewer and lil guy than a larger corporation.
if you have any/all shoot me a message radiant.designer at gmail

Instead of a Greenlee punch, I bought a Klein Tools 1/2" knockout punch. It makes 7/8" holes, perfect for the usual 22mm buttons and switches. Only cost me 30 bucks. I think the Greenlee punches, while being quality tools, are not the only tools that can do the job.

Very true. I have used greenlee for a tap tower and thought they did an amazing job. The panel im getting assembled so I need the few for ketles.

ForumRunner_20130417_161608.jpg

ForumRunner_20130417_161632.jpg

ForumRunner_20130417_161703.jpg

Heh! Triclover fittings on a tower! I don't know if most of your friends will understand just how beer-geeky that is, but I certainly appreciate it!

Im glad someone does, it wasnt cheap! But I like that I can easily take the whole thing apart to change it, clean it, or do whatever I need to, plus the few brewer friends I have got super excited to see it.

Well worth showing off!

I'm also in the market for a 1/2" conduit punch (7/8" hole size), by the way. @LoL Thanks for the heads up about Klein.

Edit: got a 2nd hand Greenlee from ebay.

Im glad someone does, it wasnt cheap! But I like that I can easily take the whole thing apart to change it, clean it, or do whatever I need to, plus the few brewer friends I have got super excited to see it.

Commercial multi-tap towers aren't much (if any) cheaper... plus I love the idea of the tri-clamp ability to customize the size/style. You want more taps - just add on an extension pipe or two. You want a really long line of taps - just do two vertical pipes and elbows with a length in-between.

Yeah originally I wa ted to do an upside down U shape but in the interest of getting it done in time for my birthday decided 2 Ts so I dodnt have to worry about the center size.

Hmm I have several conduit punches, thats what I actually used them for the tap tower. Kal at electric brewery states to use radio or something else and not conduit.

Isn't it a 1" conduit punch OR 1 1/4" chassis punch for the elements ?
I think they both make a 1 1/4" hole.

Edit* your tower is bad ass.

Mashinations said:
Commercial multi-tap towers aren't much (if any) cheaper... plus I love the idea of the tri-clamp ability to customize the size/style. You want more taps - just add on an extension pipe or two. You want a really long line of taps - just do two vertical pipes and elbows with a length in-between.

Sounds like it would be very easy to do a forced air cooling of the tower with a small fan once at this point

The unit that these are on (its a Beverage Air Direct Draw 96) already had the forced air, so I just had to mount the tubes into the tower. However i put so much insulation in there I am not sure much cool air gets up there. Its only a foot so it isnt too bad and the beer is still pretty cool when it comes out for the first pint.

Very nice setup, but what I was referring to is if you were using an extension tube that could be placed between the two towers. A piece of 3" tube cut to size with a couple of ferrules ($6 each, and you could sell the end caps) welded on the ends, additional taps located in the new section. Since you already have forced air, maybe you could increase the flow by reversing the direction on one side. Instead of returning through the same tower, it would be air up one tower, air down the other tower. I fully realize you don't need it, but it sounds like it could be done. Just need 6 or more additional faucets, fittings, kegs, probably a larger CO2 tank, air distribution manifold, and brew time! You already have the hole punch.
Not practical or needed, just possible.
Mainly joking here, be happy with your setup. Now if the evil devil on your shoulder won't shut up, I'll help defray the cost by welding the ferrules.

Very nice setup, but what I was referring to is if you were using an extension tube that could be placed between the two towers. A piece of 3" tube cut to size with a couple of ferrules ($6 each, and you could sell the end caps) welded on the ends, additional taps located in the new section. Since you already have forced air, maybe you could increase the flow by reversing the direction on one side. Instead of returning through the same tower, it would be air up one tower, air down the other tower. I fully realize you don't need it, but it sounds like it could be done. Just need 6 or more additional faucets, fittings, kegs, probably a larger CO2 tank, air distribution manifold, and brew time! You already have the hole punch.
Not practical or needed, just possible.
Mainly joking here, be happy with your setup. Now if the evil devil on your shoulder won't shut up, I'll help defray the cost by welding the ferrules.

il_fullxfull.209003655.jpg

I have a 20 lb tank and 3 of the 5 lbers in case, along with a N2 tank too I also ponied up the cash and got a regulator panel assembly
03D03281.jpg
so that I can set my kegs to different carb levels very easily. Right now only 6 kegs, but about 6 months ago I helped to a group buy and brought in 2 pallets of them, and had about 20 that I needed to sell off. I was thinking of doing it again to get a few more.

My main issue with 6 things on tap (including a Thai iced tea soda for those who dont drink beer) is that I cant go through it fast enough! I want to brew more but need to get rid of some before I do.

Latest posts

Back