My Garden Vlog with Hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Premnasbiaculeatus

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

This is my first season growing hops. I ordered three rhizomes from midwest supplies. 1 Nugget, 1 Cascades, and 1 Chinook. All three arrived in the mail April 1st, and my nugget sprouted on about the 20th, cascades sprouted the first week of May. Chinook was a no show, so i dug it up last week to find the rhizom had become a rotten husk. So wednesday I planted 2 brewers gold rhizomes shallowly in the same hill and they have already sprouted a couple bines with green leaflets one day later;
hops1.jpg

The nugget which has been going stron since the beginning is already starting to wrap it's way around the white nyon cord that I'm using for a trellis;
hops2.jpg

Incase anyone is interested I've been shooting periodic video blog updates of my garden as a whole every couple weeks or so. In addition to hops I'm growing Cabernet Sauvignon vines, many varieties of super hot peppers, squash, green beans, jalapenos, and tomatoes. I started shooting video in January of seed starting indoors, but Hops didn't make their debut until about episode 5 of the vlog. My lastest video is here;

If anyone is interested I could post future episodes on this thread. Eventually I'll be able to edit all my hops updates into one short video documenting my entire first season of hops growing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back