Modern Day Warrior

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll just leave this here. Alex made a few faces at me during the show, this was the best Iphone photo I got. Show was in 2011 at KFC Yum center in Louisville KY.
092.jpg

Yes. I saw them 4 times on that tour. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make any of their shows this tour.:( I've seen a lot of bands in my day, and Rush just gets better every time I see them. My face always hurts from smiling so much after a RUSH show, Love those guys!

That was a pretty sweet tour. Loved that they played all of moving pictures. And how they had such a good light hearted approach to the show, Rush are super awesome.

I saw them in '06(?) for the Snakes and Arrows tour. They are in my top 10 for sure. I have seen over 30 or so shows and Rush is up there for sure.

I saw them about 2 years ago in Pittsburg. I live in Athens Ohio now and am a fire fighter. When the show was about to start, I got a text from the FD saying that all fire personnel needed to to get to the station IMMEDIATELY. I called the station to find out what was going on. My number came up when I called and they answered with a pleasant "WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?". I responded like, " uh uh uh watching Rush in Pittsburg." When he tried hurrying me off the phone, I asked what was going on. He yelled "TORNADO!" So while they spent 16 hours straight chain sawing up trees in the road, I was singin "Living in the limelight..."

Just watched the 2012 Rock and Roll HOF induction ceromony. Alex gave an epic acceptance speech! "Blah blah blah blah..." LMAO!!

Dave Grohl did the induction and said "When the f*** did Rush become cool??"

Just watched the 2012 Rock and Roll HOF induction ceromony. Alex gave an epic acceptance speech! "Blah blah blah blah..." LMAO!!

Dave Grohl did the induction and said "When the f*** did Rush become cool??"

I watched it in the horrible grainy shot from someone's Cellphone version and I loved it.

I also love how Rush fans dominated that show.

Jam was also quite exceptional. Though it was silly to have Taylor Hawkins on the drum, Neil was loud enough for everyone haha.

There is some footage of Rush playing 'YYZ' and Taylor Hawkins does not miss a beat! It is spot on, of course it helps to have Geddy and Alex playing with you!

There is some footage of Rush playing 'YYZ' and Taylor Hawkins does not miss a beat! It is spot on, of course it helps to have Geddy and Alex playing with you!

Hawkins is an amazing drummer, love him. Almost as good as Grohl, but no point having a second drummer on stage when Peart is on stage. It would be like having a second bassist on there with Geddy.

hoppyhoppyhippo said:
Hawkins is an amazing drummer, love him. Almost as good as Grohl, but no point having a second drummer on stage when Peart is on stage. It would be like having a second bassist on there with Geddy.

Or like having another guitarist with Lifeson. Speaking of underrated guitarists, he is another one. His licks are classic and he does not get enough credit in the guitar circles IMO. Other progressive guys like Howe and Fripp take up most of the spotlight (deservedly so, especially in Howe's case), but I think Lifeson should get more cred.

Lifeson is a great guitarist. But you can have multiple guitarists on the stage. To me Morello really dominated the stage that night.

Back