Converting a sanke to npt

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThorGodOfThunder

Reaction score
I have a sanke keg opening I want to convert to 1/2 or 3/4" npt. I found this kit, but I'm wondering if anyone knows a cheaper source for these parts, or any other way to accomplish this. I really don't want to cut my keg open, so the tri-clamp seems ideal.

I've never seen anything like that. That is a sweet fitting and seems to me like a fair price for something so unique and in stainless.

I was looking to do the same thing and that's about as inexpensive a setup as you are going to get. I have seen some home-made copper fittings which would be "cheaper" only if you had the copper laying around. Assuming you need to buy something, get that.

That price is a little lower, Dale, but only if I exclude the gasket (which I can cut from cork). For an extra $3 its worth getting the whole kit in one package.

I'm going to pull the trigger on the kit I listed above, it does seem to be the best value.

Two_hearted, its not really "unique" just uncommon for normal people. These kinds of fittings are used in a lot of commercial applications where the pipes have to be able to be cleaned easily. You can get some really cool fittings for tri-clamps, like glass tubes, conical reducers, ball valves, etc.

LB, I've seen people take 2" copper and form their own flange on it, but after getting 2" cu and fittings to reduce it to 1/2 or 3/4 I'd be spending twice as much as just the SS sanitary fittings. I love to make things myself, but I'm not that motivated :D

Back