Hello, a Calgary brewer here!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayslay

Reaction score
Hey all,

While I've been on the site for awhile now, I don't feel I've really interacted much so I thought I would blow some time at work and say hi.

My name is Josh, Im local to NW Calgary, and a studying homebrewer. I started brewing 10 years ago, when I was 18. I brewed can and kilo kits with a friend and my gifrlfriend at that time. I brewed a few batches that style, and it tapered off as my life got a little crazier...

Until the last two years. I have bought three full sets of kit brewing equipment, and have produced at least 10 batches of quality beer from kits. The kits I brew now are the all-grain wort bag kits, from Brewhouse and Barons. The last four batches have all been modified in some way.

My favorite homebrews that I've made thus far are a Hefeweizen hacked from a Prairie wheat kit, a Cascade IPA from a Pale Ale kit, and a Winterfest kit.

I'm currently brewing another IPA, a Belgian Wit and a Cream Ale.

Hope to glean much more info from all of you as I progress to mini-mashes, more kit hacks and eventually an all grain brew in the years to come!

Back