Recipe Help - Belgian IPA for Chardonnay barrel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freeflynick

Reaction score
Hello!
A friend recently got 2 chardonnay barrels, and our plan is to have 6 brewers make 10gals of their own versions of a Belgian Tripel then blend them all in the barrels and age for a year.

I would like to make something hoppy, and found this from Nebraska Brewing:

Chardonnay French Oak aged Hop God:
Contained within this bottle is an artful creation which began with our Hop God Belgian-Style IPA, then enhanced by a 6 month maturation in French Oak Chardonnay Barrels. This version of Hop God is a fascinating, big, bold Belgian-style Tripel hopped in very high amounts to concentrate citrus, grapefruit and floral aromatics in the nose. The addition of Chardonnay barrel aging adds further dimension and oak tannins to an already wonderfully complex Ale - bringing to mind tropical fruits and peach. 10%, 101 IBU.

I know they use Warrior, Chinook, Centennial and Cascade hops.

Can anyone suggest a suitable AG recipe that will get me close? I am not experienced enough to make decent recipes yet!!

Thank you for any help or advice you can give me.

Back