2013 Southern California Homebrew Festival

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

berebrando

Reaction score
I couldn't find a thread related to this years SCHF in Ojai, CA and wanted to see who's going, what you're bringing, and where we can find your beer!

I'm bringing a bunch of stuff: Rye IPA, Pale Wheat, Rye Saison, Wild Pale Ale, and 4 Golden Ales, each fermented with a different Brettanomyces strain. Oh, and there's a collaboration I worked on with some of my fellow clubmembers - last summer we filled a wine barrel with low gravity saison. We pulled off 4 or 5 kegs worth and will be serving (1) straight wine barrel aged saison, (2) saison with apricots, (3) saison dry hopped with Mosaic or Nelson, and (4) saison with Lactobacillus. All on tap at the BrewTech tent!

Post your info here and I hope to see you there.

All of those beers sound damned tasty so its good to know where I'm headed first. I'm bringing a blueberry saison and will be pouring at the Beavr tent. Our club is usually pretty IPA heavy but we'll have some really nice stuff on tap.

Sweet this thread finally got a response! Good to know I'm not the only HBT member going! Blueberry saison sounds interesting - I'm a huge fan of the style so ill have to check it out.

Blueberry saison...... I think I just blue myself !!!!! Looking forward to the new saison Ryan. I myself am bringing a porter flavored with chocolate, vanilla, and graham crackers... Calling it S'more BEAVR . I am also bringing back the cider , two styles. A sweet still cider called virginity lost, the first time in cider. And a semi sparkling dry hopped with citra called hop in cider. Come check out the BEAVR tent. I am looking forward to some lighter styles along with some with interesting ingredients. Cheers everyone.

Wow, you guys are bringing some pretty good sounding stuff. I'll be there with the Yeastside brewers. I don't know what the rest of the members are bringing, but I'll be bringing a basic cream ale and a brown ale to serve at our tent.

There actually is another thread. This one:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/southern-california-homebrewers-festival-324970/

That said, I am planning to bring a few German lagers (Oktoberfest, Bock, etc.) as nobody ever seems to bring those, and I also brewed up a 10 gallon batch to top off our club cabernet barrel a month or two ago, so that we should have our fantastic cabernet barrel sour again this year at the festival, in addition to some other interesting beers.

I'll be there as well! It's my first SCHF, so I'm pretty excited.

I'll have Arrogant Bastard clone, and be pouring with the Falcons. I'll keep an eye out for those fantastic sounding Saisons! The weather should be hot, so those refreshing beers should really hit the spot!

I'll be there as well! It's my first SCHF, so I'm pretty excited.

I'll have Arrogant Bastard clone, and be pouring with the Falcons. I'll keep an eye out for those fantastic sounding Saisons! The weather should be hot, so those refreshing beers should really hit the spot!

Nice! I love AB and will definitely come looking for it. I know Lexter of the Maltose clan. See you there!

Well....I hope I make it now. I am a firefighter and we have Red Flag Warnings all throughout SoCal. Good chance that I will be somewhere else this weekend...:(

Latest posts

Back