Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just bought a 5CF Holiday Freezer. Gets delivered Wed. Bought a 2 Tap tower after looking at about 40 pages on this thread, Im second guessing my choice in Faucet. Any feedback? I'm wondering if I should go with a collar? It would allow to expand on more tap, but don't know if I would expand or not. Definitely second guessing my plan/purchase.

I just bought a 5CF Holiday Freezer. Gets delivered Wed. Bought a 2 Tap tower after looking at about 40 pages on this thread, Im second guessing my choice in Faucet. Any feedback? I'm wondering if I should go with a collar? It would allow to expand on more tap, but don't know if I would expand or not. Definitely second guessing my plan/purchase.

If I've learned anything in this hobby it's always go bigger/more than you expected you needed to.

I think thats a good way to begin with. Regards from Brazil

930.jpg

redd1982 said:
Andrew,

What model fridge did you start with? Looking to make something similar.

Awesome top by the way!

I used a ge model wmr04gazabb that I got off Craigslist for $40. Works great

What height is needed for the kegs to fit in nicely. Does it make a difference if the Co2 tank is inside or outside? What type of kegs works best.

What height is needed for the kegs to fit in nicely. Does it make a difference if the Co2 tank is inside or outside? What type of kegs works best.

Ball locks are narrower and therefore you might be able to fit one more in if you go with these. Unless you have a short fridge or freezer then you might need the shorter pin locks to fit anything inside. Yes the CO2 inside could also be the difference between one more keg.

Ball locks are 25" tall, you would need at least 26-27" for clearance of gas and liquid fittings.

I made a Keezer out of a Holiday 5 CF with a 3 tap tower...that said, I suggest you use the collar. A. you'll need to make a collar anyway to fit much of anything on the hump. B. it is a lot cheaper. C. it is less hassle. d. you can expand up to 4 taps (with the CO2 outside.)

A 10" collar would allow you to put 5 gal ball locks on the hump for sure, 8" is tight but would probably work.

For my build I just used a 4" collar which allows me to have a 10lb CO2 bottle and a 3 gal keg on the hump which is my preference, I like to make half batches of experimental brews or high grav. stuff. I only used the tower because space is really tight in my house and I have small kids, so the tower gets the taps up and back out of the way.

I thought about making a way for it to dispense liquor. I think I'm going to make a back lit sign of some kind to go in the space

All you need is a way to keep pressure on it.

Can't you gravity feed liquor? If it's sitting upside down with a screw-on tube feed... you could also make an air supply line (small stainless tube) if that is an issue.

I don't think you care as much about O2... especially in the freezer. (It would be perfect for some home-made liquors like limoncello - as long as there's not enough cold to freeze them).

See: http://barsupplies.com/chrome-dispenser-heads-p-2029.html

Need some advice and thought this would be a good place. I built a bar and forgot about the kegerator, now I need a kegerator with a height less than 33 inches. Does anybody have one that is 33 inches from floor to top of fridge? Don't worry suit the tap tower as ill build that into the bar.

I'd have to double check mine but I think most smaller chest freezers are lower than that. Pin lock kegs are only 22" high so it's definitely possible to make that work.

Your wife is a great artist, that must have taken forever, I am a tile setter by trade but mosaic artistry is not tile setting it's art. how was she able to stick the tile to the front of the fridge?

thewenis said:
Free fridge, 2 taps, and my wife did a mosaic tile design on the face of it. I love it.

Dude that mosaic is rad. I use to set tile with my dad and did a few mosaic jobs and they take forever.

snowtires said:
Your wife is a great artist, that must have taken forever, I am a tile setter by trade but mosaic artistry is not tile setting it's art. how was she able to stick the tile to the front of the fridge?

Thanks for the complement, my wife will appreciate it. She used heavy duty liquid nails to attach the tile. It worked well, and the grout holds it all together.

My son Jerry saved beer cans and forged me a tap handle for my kegerator! I am impressed and love it- had to share. Jerry, Danielle and Amanda (my kids) came up with the thought of a tap handle for my Christmas gift and this was the result.... They absolutely made a one-of-a-kind gift that I'll use all the time. I think it makes the kegerator look great and the home brew better too. My favorite will be poured from that tap from this point forward......

GoshenBeerTap-smaller.jpg

Not nearly as fancy as many posted above, but it has the functionality I'm looking for. It's a 14.8 cu. ft freezer that I've configured with two gas distributors to allow CO2 and nitro (as currently configured) or dispensing with CO2 at two serving pressures.

Click the image to see other pics from the series.

pretty basic design. Stained the wood to match the cabinets as best as I could. Painted the freezer using hammered black so it would match the rest of the kitchen appliances as best as possible. The drip tray is attached using 3 3 inch L brackets. The brackets are attached to the freezer with 3 1/4 inch magnets each and then velcro to the drip tray so I can remove it for cleaning. Eventually, I'll put a third tap in. The drip tray really is level, but the angle and reflection give it an odd perspective.

944254_10101463562151728_926346101_n.jpg

Back