What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image-222586814.jpg

image-2735940873.jpg

I don't know I'd because I drank one of my HB IIPA's first, but for all the great reviews I'm a bit let down

Whatever you get when you ferment real maple syrup. It sure makes a pretty picture. To bad it tastes awful. This one will probably go down the drain shortly.

maplewinecheesebread.JPG

Drinking some Guava Mead my friend made.:ban:
Loving it!
Traded a growler of my beer for a growler of Mead..
igotsand

I need to try grapefruit on my next batch. Sounds like a good combo.
Mind sharing your recipe for your key lime pie beer? I'd love to try the one from Short's, but the closest I'll probably get would be to brew it myself.

That sucks to have to throw out a batch. I've had good success with both types of yeast balls at my local Asian market. These are the ones I used this time around. I bought these because they are in a bigger bag.

Not a problem, I will dig out my notes and pm it over tomorrow

Ostomo517 said:
Not a problem, I will dig out my notes and pm it over tomorrow

Awesome, thanks! I pretty much never ask for a recipe, but every time you post about that beer it sounds and looks great.

I dumped the fermented maple syrup of horribleness. Now I'm drinking some nice black cherry wine. It's only 6.8%, but nice and fruity.

DisturbdChemist said:
Drinking another new redas brewer Cycler's 55-11. Been having some good stuff from them and hope for future brews

How is it?
I haven't tried anything from them yet.

Zing! :mug: Now havin Victory Swing Saison, f**kin horrid terrible beer.

Not the first time I've heard that.

HB Motueka biere de mars. It's purdy and the app is working again, just too lazy to find my phone. Definitely another one I'm brewing again when WLP072 comes out this year.

Not the first time I've heard that.

HB Motueka biere de mars. It's purdy and the app is working again, just too lazy to find my phone. Definitely another one I'm brewing again when WLP072 comes out this year.

I wouldn't even call it a saison. Full of phenols just terrible. Havin a DFH 60 minute draft to get kill the flavor. Then off to the bottle shop!

How is it?
I haven't tried anything from them yet.

This is probably the least favorite one I had from them. Its a full bodied Red with a strong backbone and decent amount of hops to it. What i had from them, I defiinitely say try them. IDK about this one seemed off but the second pour got better for me. If you havent tried Lone Pint - Gentlemen Relish yet, I say try it next time you see it. Excellent brown ale.

DisturbdChemist said:
This is probably the least favorite one I had from them. Its a full bodied Red with a strong backbone and decent amount of hops to it. What i had from them, I defiinitely say try them. IDK about this one seemed off but the second pour got better for me. If you havent tried Lone Pint - Gentlemen Relish yet, I say try it next time you see it. Excellent brown ale.

So many new Texas brews, so little time. I'll check out lone pint when I see them. I've been meaning to make it over to Growler's. It seems like they usually have a few Texas draft only beers.

The last of my Sam Adams Hop Head variety 6-pack, Latitude 48 IPA. My fave of the three varieties (Noble Pils and Whitewater IPA were the other 2)!

The second pic is a mixed 6-pack from World Market. I have never had any of these but know many are thought highly of on this board. I know Sierra Nevada and Anchor Brewing are very good products. I've heard of Bell's Brewery and Two Hearted Ale as well as Widmer Bros. I don't know about Thirsty Dog or Fullers beers though. Any comments on these would be appreciated!

image-117712682.jpg

image-2350729206.jpg

Back