Soda in beer lines?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mforsman

Reaction score
Hey All,

I remember a year or two ago reading that kegging soda ruins the beer lines. Am I delusional or is this true?

Thanks!

I have one dedicated line and corny for soda. If used for beer, there would be a residual soda flavor. But changing out the beer line and o-rings in the corny should solve the problem if ever needed for the future.

I accompanied a buddy a while back to the lhbs to replace every line in his kegging system. He had made soda in it and couldn't get the taste out of the lines.

Indeed, I just use a cheap thumb tap and line...open up the keg fridge and pour a glass.

This is a great idea. Why didn't I think of this. The keg is stainless so that will clean up just fine:smack:. :mug:

This is a great idea. Why didn't I think of this. The keg is stainless so that will clean up just fine:smack:. :mug:

Yeah the orings may hold some soda flavors...but not nearly as bad as the lines. I don't have enough heads on my tap to dedicate one for sodas.

Latest posts

Back