Made two yeast starters...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salb29

Reaction score
I made a pint starter using half a cup of dme for a lower gravity beer and made a 2 pint starter with one cup dme for a higher gravity beer...

My question: the smaller starter is done already, I have plans for both starters to add more wort to produce more yeast, ill be brewing this weekend. Since the smaller one is done do I go ahead and put it in the fridge and let the other one finish up? Or keep it a room temp? By the way I made both starters last night in preparation for this weekend, made them early so I could produce lots of yeast especially for the imperial

Sorry guys feel like I make to many new threads but couldn't find anything on that...thanks for all the help!

I am starting to make starters as well. Just for clarification on the last post, you would want to warm the first starter up prior to pitching into the second starter, correct?

so the process for a two stage starter would be:
-chill first starter
-decant
-let yeast rise to room temps
-pitch second starter
-let ferment
-chill second starter
-decant
-let yeast temp rise
-pitch into wort

is this right?

I am starting to make starters as well. Just for clarification on the last post, you would want to warm the first starter up prior to pitching into the second starter, correct?

so the process for a two stage starter would be:
-chill first starter
-decant
-let yeast rise to room temps
-pitch second starter
-let ferment
-chill second starter
-decant
-let yeast temp rise
-pitch into wort

is this right?

Yes, but it is all one starter you are just stepping it up.

Make your starter, chill, decant, bring to room temp, add room temperature wort, ferment, pitch directly or chill, decant, bring to room temp then pitch

Back