Pets named after beer? SHARE PHOTOS!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaz4121

Reaction score
Got a chocolate lab just about two months ago and named him Porter, naturally.

Any other HBTers out there name their pets after a beer style, beer, or brewery?

Didn't see a thread like this via search, so I thought I'd start one up!

Here is a pic of the little guy!

59717_10151536181674680_280888634_n.jpg

You may not want to put your name address and phone number on the internet.

Cool pup though. Great name.

Here's our St. Bernard/Black Lab mix, Abby:
5357_10200916243536797_102969676_n.jpg

No, she's not named after beer, but she loves my homebrew and is always fairly close by when I'm brewing, so she's my brewhound.

And she's named after one of our favorite TV girls:
Abby-Sciuto-b.jpg

I'm totally doing this when I get my pup.

My Border Collie is named Miller, but only because we got him named such, and he would not respond to Doorknob.

I knew a girl with a rotweiler named Guinness and a cat named Amstell.

Maybe I will get my kids a rabbit just so I can name it Hoppy.

^^^^
Yeah, what he said! You can read the dog tag clearly.

This is a cool idea for a thread.

Didn't even notice that until after the fact. I'll upload a new photo tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up!

My wife and I are talking about getting a male Mastiff. I'm thinking about naming him Vorlauf.

This is a neat idea also. Before you know it there will be 20 dogs on your street named Krausen...

Anyone name their beers afters pets?

Hahahahhh, yes!!!!!!!!!!

Somewhere around December of 2011 My Black Lab (Loki)
Loki.jpg
Isthatfood.jpg

Loki3years.jpg

developed a really big boil on his snout, just under his left eye, and I'd just bottled a batch of Porter, so decided to name that batch "Loki's Boyle Porter"

My son and Guinness, my pekingese. He was a lot more black/tan when he was a pup, hence the name-

photobucket-2124-1343084812299.jpg

Not a beer, but we have a Saint named Maker after Maker's Mark, the last one was Bailly, Tequilla was the first.

"Draw me like one of your French whores"

Here's my baby, Luna. She always knew how to get comfortable. These were when she was only a few months old, she's 3 now... and much bigger, clumsier, and just as energetic. Not named after beer, but all of my beers are named after her, or following the Luna/Lunar theme. I have a logo too showing the outline of her head in front of a white orb, looking like the moon. Would definitely be the brewery name should I open one as well.

AF4HsQv.jpg

24868_546118477352_2063596_n.jpg

24868_546118472362_3739159_n.jpg

I named by Boxer/Beagle mix "Jager" after Jagermeister... he was adopted when I lived in a fraternity house before I really got into brewing/craft brews... and I was NOT gonna name him Busch, or Natty, or Miller

Jager.jpg

My wife and I are talking about getting a male Mastiff. I'm thinking about naming him Vorlauf.

Vorlauf is a great name for a dog, or maybe even Count Vorlauf

I have a basset called George, cant say He's named after a beer, but we do call him growler after hes had a few.

10302011(005).jpg

I have a basset called George, cant say He's named after a beer, but we do call him growler after hes had a few.

10302011(005).jpg

You have to host a picture somewhere to use the [ img ] codes.

Growler is a great name for a dog. Funny that most others wouldn't catch the double meaning of the name!

bulbous_blues said:

I'm thinking Vorlauf the Destroyer. Sounds like a Viking name to me...

I named by Boxer/Beagle mix "Jager" after Jagermeister... he was adopted when I lived in a fraternity house before I really got into brewing/craft brews... and I was NOT gonna name him Busch, or Natty, or Miller

My inlaws did the same, beagle named jageren (girl version of jager.)

^^^^ Death to all sticks!
I've had a lab before. Once, I picked up well over 100 sticks from our back yard! He would literally jump and tear them out of the trees so he could chew on them for a few minutes...

Porter seems like a popular name!

Here's mine, she's a lab/German shepherd cross

And here I was thinking it was an original!

Mine would rather chew/collect/play with sticks than his dozen or so toys we've bought him as well as others. Won't sleep in him dog bed either, prefers the floor!:drunk:

Back