Group Buy in Chicago #8

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For all the new noobs, when this buy closes, ya need to keep-up with this thread. The time to pay is coming soon!!! Things will start to happen fast and the way to know is to keep checking in...

Okay, I've got all the grain I need. For some reason the deadline today is making me want to add some grain I don't need.

You know, just in case of the apocalypse.

Can we break 500?

I might take another 1 or 2 depending on how much I drink and how early I pass out, just finished tilling the garden and I'm beat up.. it grew a little 28 x 40 and separate area for zucchini cucs and punkins this season. I've got about 2 dozen sprouted horseradish roots, for those I promised them too..Ill bring them to pickup take what you want.

I'm keep going back and forth on adding some Munich and some elderberry flowers.

I would use it in elderberry wine agged for a long time. We have elderberry around here somewhere to pick for free

The ripe, cooked berries (pulp and skin) of most species of Sambucus are edible. [13][14] However, uncooked berries, and many other parts of plants from this genus are poisonous. [13] The leaves, twigs, branches, seeds and roots can contain a cyanide-inducing glycoside (a glycoside which gives rise to cyanide as the metabolism processes it). Ingesting a sufficient quantity of cyanide-inducing glycosides can cause a toxic build up of cyanide in the body.

That would scare the daylights out of me... That's from a Wiki so accuracy is relative and no metion of dried.

I planted three elderberry bushes last year, but I am more interested in letting those go to berries. I'd like to try the flowers out in a mead, cordial or maybe a saison. They have a lychee kind of taste.

Any recommendations on which Munich to get or stay away from?

I'm going back and forth about the PBW. If I buy the 50lbs bucket, it's hard to beat that price per LB. Even Oxyclean and TSP is about the same, plus shipping is low and Sunday is my birthday... Dam you Groop Buy!!,, "shakes fist"..
Size of puppy at last groop buy:
Size of puppy at this groop buy:

I like the Bairds and Best malz dark Munich..I did pick up the cmc one some time ago and don't recall being unhappy with it..I suppose it has more to do with how you plan to use it...as a secondary malt Cmc, as a prominent is go with one of the UKs

Damn Mike quit bathing her in miracle grow that's for the plants.

What's she got left on the plate a little gristle from the porterhouse and a few peas.

They do grow fast...and you still have the arm on the sofa...wait until adolescent dog stage...

updated spreadsheet for the last time tonight. 460 sacks. I fully anticipate about 10 sacks or so being dropped for being incomplete splits.

get your orders in. this buy closes in 5 hours!

for those of you out of state who are ordering with us, start asking/offering car pooling for you and/or your grains. There are people here who live up north and southeast that can maybe bring your grains part of the way. however, if you want to stop by my place and meet your fellow home brewers you are more than welcome too.

Ok Bill I got the PayPal all warmed up waiting for the sound of the start or the end?

Hahaha now swmbo will have to let me finish my build"
But baby what am I going to do with 400#of specialty grain:cross:

Just got back from DLD... thanks for the good weather, Dave. :)

Wore a button with HBT.com on it - chatted with a number of homebrewers but didn't run across any self-identified HBTers...

Now... what last minute additions should I add to my order...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back