Logo Feedback

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigBug

Reaction score
Before I comment on the logos, congrats on your business endevor and hope you guys have a lot of success.

My favorite logo is the one with the bottle cap, second row, third from the left. My second favorite is the top row, second from the left, it's kind of stone shaped.

If I may share a thought, I think the less the logo shows a picture of an enormous bug, probably the better. I'm not one of those people that's creeped out by bugs, but from a business perspective, there are A LOT of people that don't like bugs. It's probably best not to deter anyone from frequenting your establishment with a giant bug logo that they may find creepy. It will probably take some people a minute to get over the fact that your brewery is named Big Bug.

Best of luck to your brewery :mug:

Row 1, Column 3. You could also add some lines to the wings to give them a hop cone appearance.

And PLEASE, PLEASE get a website too. I hate when companies who only have a FB presence.

Hey,there's an idea! How about a hop cone bug?

I dunno-- "Spider Mite Brewing" seems a bit... unnerving? "Aphid Ales"?

I voted for my two favorites on your FB page. We need good beer in VB--let me know what I can do!

Bottom right!

400739_531401453584510_225263974_n.jpg

I like the first one. Just curious how you came up with the name "Big Bug"? No doubt people/customers will ask you this all the time. They want to hear some sort of back story so that they can identify with you, the brewery, and the beer. Personally I am a big fan of breweries that are named after local geographic points...it helps to give people a point of reference.

Hey everyone,
Thanks for the feedback! Actually we do have a website. Check it out. www.bigbugbrewing.com

If you click over to the blog there is info on where our name came and some info on how we got started!

-Pete

Hey everyone,
Thanks for the feedback! Actually we do have a website. Check it out. www.bigbugbrewing.com

If you click over to the blog there is info on where our name came and some info on how we got started!

-Pete

So I read how your brewery got its' name. Now obviously it resonates on a personal level for you and your buddy. How are you going to make it resonate with others (customers)? Why are they going to think "BigBug" is a cool name for a brewery and want to wear your logo (hats, t-shirts, etc.)? Please don't take this the wrong way but after hearing the "story" of "BigBug" I was like....are you serious? Imagine telling that story to some investors or customers....what would they think?

I like the story of the name. It gives people some insight to "knowing" you. If you're looking for investors...I have know idea what they'd think. I'm sure it just depends on the individual, customer or investor.

I like something like this. Easy to read. There's a solid icon that could easily translate into decals, posters, T-Shirts, bottle caps, etc. I wouldn't go with any kind of distressed text or logo. In as little as 5-10 years I think it would be dated.

Big Bug.jpg

Back