WOHOOOO New Job!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kampo

Reaction score
So I have been working for a great company for the past 3 years, I came in with barely enough experience to qualify for what I was doing, and not only did they give me a chance they let me run with all my crazy ideas and stick my fingers in many parts of the buisness. The Account I have been servicing for them is going away, and the idea of going to work at corprate at a really boring position is not that enticing, Applied for a few position, some about equal to what I'm doing now, one that seemed like a job that I would be perrfect for...10 years from now, got offers on all 3 jobs I applied for including this job i'm talking about, my old boss I'm being told the owner to give me a shot when he called him about me, and I guess thats the reason I got the position!

So i'm not a big gift giver, avoid greeting cards at all costs. more like to do something nice for someone, but I don't know my Boss much on a personal level, we worked in different locations. he was down at my office a few weeks ago, and the topic of me making wine and beer came up, he seemed to be interested, said he only drinks wine a couple times of year now days, but back in his youth...lol. so was thinking of getting the guy a gift and some sort of card, to keep him as a good reference and maybe down the road move back to the company i'm leaving if a big opportunity presented itself.

So what you guys think? over stepping the Employee Boss relationship by giving him a gift? The Wine I had in mind is a super primising young red I just bottled, figured I would say something cliche like this bottle of wine is like me a few years ago, young with tons of potential in a few years hopefully it will be something special.

lol yeah I'm a bit buzzed right now from celebrating...hopefully I don't burn the house down when I cook the steaks

You're talking about giving gifts to your old boss? In that case, it never helps to keep a bridge standing. A simple gift of appreciation is perfectly fine. That way if you ever need his help again (or a job again) the bridge is still open.

What I would do is just give him the wine and shake his hand and thank him for letting you work for him. Leave the rest out, because you don't want to sound too proud of yourself.

yeah your right that is a bit big headed of a thing to say lol re thinking it sounded cool though in my head.

I don't think that there's any problem here...seems like he did you a real solid, so you can return it with some alcohol! I was thinking you were going to say that you were going to brew him a batch...THAT might have been a little over the top :p

Back