hate my krome faucets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LouBrew13

Reaction score
I built myself a keggerator and installed the krome faucets on the side of my fridge. If I don't pour any beer for a couple of days, they seize up with dry beer sugar. They are the worst steer clear! Now I need to replace them with Perle faucets when I could've just bought one and done.

Posts like these are why we always recommend the more expensive Perlicks for new systems. If you don't buy them up front, you will eventually :p

My lhbs recommended pouring hot water on them. Just a poor design. I sanitize them between kegs but unless they're used constantly they cake up.

I had the same problem. I put some keg lube on the the shaft that's external facing (that's what she said...) So far so good! It's been about 10+ days

Went through the same growing pains as you. Bought Perlicks last year and love them.

Save the chrome for your jockey box! You know, the one you are going to build next. That way you actually save money. You won't need to buy taps for that. See what I did there?

I built myself a keggerator and installed the krome faucets on the side of my fridge. If I don't pour any beer for a couple of days, they seize up with dry beer sugar. They are the worst steer clear! Now I need to replace them with Perle faucets when I could've just bought one and done.
Same here. Live and learn I guess.
Sure makes you appreciate the Perlicks though.

I keep a plastic water bottle by the taps, and squirt water up into the tap after every pour. I've never had a tap stick.

Not that I don't like Perlicks, but long tap handles are a simple fix to this problem with any brand of rear sealing faucet

That would be ok but the piston on the front is what sticks. It goes in and out when serving and holds a bit of beer which cakes up and sticks.

Spray a little Star San on the piston first. It helps. I also use a bit of food grade spray lubricant on the piston.

Latest posts

Back