What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TNGabe said:
Not trying to open up the AB In-Bev can of worms, just giving you a hard time for calling it a Chicago beer.

Oh, I know you were just giving me a hard time.
I can tell when people are trying to purposefully open up that debate.
Something like: "Don't you know you're just drinking a Bud Light with a different label. AB is evil and so are you for supporting them!
Yes, I do stick my pinky out while I hold my chalice. Why do you ask?"
;)

Something like: "Don't you know you're just drinking a Bud Light with a different label. AB is evil and so are you for supporting them!
;)

wait, are you being sarcastic? are you mocking my pinky/chalice drinking style, yo?

WesleyS said:
;)

I was going to throw something in about thinking Goose Island beer sucked when it was still brewed in Chicago, but I didn't want to be inflammatory.

And I hold my stemware with the foot in my palm like a real snob. :D

Channel66 said:
I actually do hold my stemware that way. :ban:

Dang Internet. You thought I was joking. How else would you hold a tulip or snifter?

Channel66 said:
Pshaw and I was going to send you some allagash coolship too. Your loss!

I forgot to mention how much I want one of those. :D

I was going to throw something in about thinking Goose Island beer sucked when it was still brewed in Chicago, but I didn't want to be inflammatory.

And I hold my stemware with the foot in my palm like a real snob. :D

I actually do hold my stemware that way. :ban:

that's kinda funny, that's how I hold my stem.:rockin:

and I'm having another of my Zythos IPA. it's like a Coleoptrata Centipede: kinda aggressive, but nice to look at. and probably gone before I know it.

Channel66 said:
I should be able to get all of the limited releases now because I'm closer to the tasting room! Don't worry I'm putting together a good trade for you.

With all the glassware talk, my brain inserted the word 'glass' after coolship when I read your post. :) I know you're gonna hook me up with the Maine goods. I will squeeze some decent stuff out of the shops around here for ya.

With all the glassware talk, my brain inserted the word 'glass' after coolship when I read your post. :) I know you're gonna hook me up with the Maine goods. I will squeeze some decent stuff out of the shops around here for ya.

I may have picked an extra up (glass) while I was there. You want the stem or the coolship tumbler?

Channel66 said:
Pshaw and I was going to send you some allagash coolship too. Your loss!

Okay! I'm sorry! I take it back!
See, look. I'll always hold my glass like that from now on.

image-2437563193.jpg

Now send me awesome beer! ;)

Haha I'm not convinced of your enthusiasm!

I'm not even drinking and I'm every other post tonight. Perks of riding in a car and not having to pay too much attention

I may have picked an extra up (glass) while I was there. You want the stem or the coolship tumbler?

Coolship glass!!

View attachment 116155

Fail. Palm, not fingers.

I'm not even drinking and I'm every other post tonight.

Well, surfing the net and drinking is probably a little much to be a safe driver.

Channel66 said:

I'm not even drinking and I'm every other post tonight.

By the way, what Allagash beers do you recommend?
It looks like my usual beer store carries Black, Dubbel, Fluxus, Interlude, Triple and the Barrel Aged Series.

I definitely wasn't expecting to get in on this, Nordy hooked me up! I'm comparing it to Abrasive since that's the only similar style from Surly I've had recently. It's piney, resinous, and a little dank. A bit sweeter than Abrasive and consequently a little less bitter, but still a great hop showcase. Thanks for sending me this, Nordy!

20130417_201500.jpg

Finally back from LHBS got my ingredients and lacto for my sour brown ale try. Using the grainbill for La Folie for it, pretty excited! Having a Shorts Ginger in the Rye waiting for a couple sours to chill

By the way, what Allagash beers do you recommend?
It looks like my usual beer store carries Black, Dubbel, Fluxus, Interlude, Triple and the Barrel Aged Series.

I like their barrel aged beers a lot ymmv, they tend to have a lot of wood flavor which I'm a fan of. Curioux (sp?) Is one of their more popular brews. It's a triple aged over bourbon oak.

I'm also a fan of black, but it's miscategorized as a Belgian stout. It's a strong dark. Fluxus is interesting. And interlude is wonderful.

Their dubbel and triple are pretty traditional so if you like the styles I feel as though allagash is one of the nicer examples coming out of the US.

so if that helps? If not I'm sorry, I can give you a full review of any of them if you'd like.

Channel66 said:
I like their barrel aged beers a lot ymmv, they tend to have a lot of wood flavor which I'm a fan of. Curioux (sp?) Is one of their more popular brews. It's a triple aged over bourbon oak.

I'm also a fan of black, but it's miscategorized as a Belgian stout. It's a strong dark. Fluxus is interesting. And interlude is wonderful.

Their dubbel and triple are pretty traditional so if you like the styles I feel as though allagash is one of the nicer examples coming out of the US.

so if that helps? If not I'm sorry, I can give you a full review of any of them if you'd like.

No, that helps. It helped me decide I just need to try all of them. :D

Another slice of Heaven.Oh my. Im gung-ho for Ranger though. Maybe dont get it if you dont like Ranger. It has a big fresh raw wet hop aroma/taste to it combined with a maltier beefed up Ranger.More spiceyness/pepper too.Great drinkabiltiy. It drinks (to me) how a two hearted drinks but not that beer at all.Same cleanliness I guess,but full of flavor like a two hearted. Does have some mild sweet stickiness with warming.She's a looker too.I like Pliny better though but I like a handfull of other !!pa's better than either of those,though.Havent really felt enthused about some new ones like this since some ocassional ones like Sucks etc.. Very good price for a sixer also for like7- 8 bucks for a sixer.Think I got it on sale too!

rampant.jpg

Can do!

And I'm passenger today luckily.

Sweet! That'll give me a reason to not dirnk my FV-13 just yet. One of the AVL breweries has some nice snifters, I'll pick you up one.

Then you should be drinking. Or maybe that's only legal 'round here.

No good beer, no homebrew, and playing wizard staffs by myself... All time low?

Fortunately, with my barleywine and pale ale ready to drink next week and brewing my saison as we speak, this will never happen again.

image-4250134424.jpg

bottlebomber said:
This. That's not healthy behavior. It's like the Beautiful Mind of drunkenness.

Yeah, I'm sure it made since at some point. As the blood alcohol level rises, so does the amount of things that seem like a good idea.

Yeah, I'm sure it made since at some point. As the blood alcohol level rises, so does the amount of things that seem like a good idea.

I have lived that. me & some friends used to get drunk & joust on skateboards & fruit boots. a few of my friends thought it'd be good times to dip their berries in white house paint & slap them against a brick wall to see who could make the biggest splatter mark.

Back