I hit the 100-gallon club yesterday

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HBC

Reaction score
I brewed a batch last night bringing me into the 100-gallons of beer brewed arena. We have had spills, mess-ups, tears in my beer(s) along the way- but the journey was fun.

Here is to another 100!

How funny. Since you mentioned it, I checked my spreadsheet and I just hit 200 gallons on Saturday! Never thought to look before. I knew I had 24 batches (mix of 5 and 10 gallon batches), but didn't do the math on the total volume.

Oh and congrats!

ETA: I see you aren't very far from me. Cheers to another Midwest brewer :mug:

Man I guess I need to keep track. I really have no idea. The beer is good though. What day is it?

Is 200/year really the limit?

My 200 was in about 21 months. And most of it was split between 2 people. Man you guys brew a lot!

Federal law has it at 100 gallons per legal age adult not to exceed 200 per calendar year. So I brew to 200 per year;), some states have the limit lower or still consider it unlawful as well as some counties in some states.

I sure have a ways to go, new house, new baby this year. I have only brewed 40 gallons this year so far. I have at least another 3x5 gallons of batches I am set to brew, it's just that my pipeline is full. At this rate, I should hit about 80 or so for the year. If I started bottling again, I could probably squeeze in around 100. I just dislike bottling. If I had a sink in the garage, that would probably change.

I only hit 85gal on Big Brew Day, but I should be at 135 by the first weekend of June (getting prepped for NHC). Guess I'll have to choose carefully for the rest of the year ;)

Back