Issues with traditional Beer Faucets with Corny Kegs???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JHelvey1975

Reaction score
I am getting ready to build me a keezer. I saw a YouTube video from Northern Brewer and got hooked. They use ball lock corny kegs and connect theit liquid out to a standard beer dispensing faucet (or tap which ever you prefer). I inquired to my local home brew store, and they said corny kegs and traditional faucets don't mix well. They recommended I use the plastiv part/cobra taps with my kegs. To me, that takes away from the coolness of the keezer. Any one here ever heard of these issues?

No, there are no problems with using corny kegs and standard beer taps. None at all. I use my corny kegs with perlick stainless steel taps. Works just fine.

I am getting ready to build me a keezer. I saw a YouTube video from Northern Brewer and got hooked. They use ball lock corny kegs and connect theit liquid out to a standard beer dispensing faucet (or tap which ever you prefer). I inquired to my local home brew store, and they said corny kegs and traditional faucets don't mix well. They recommended I use the plastiv part/cobra taps with my kegs. To me, that takes away from the coolness of the keezer. Any one here ever heard of these issues?

Standard rear seal beer faucets do get sticky if you're not pouring from them every day, which can be a PITA. Most homebrewers end up with forward sealing faucets, like perlicks. They're a little more expensive than the standard rear sealing type, but well worth it IMO.

perlick-stainless-faucet.jpg

Back