Wishing yeast instantly farted out a final bottle ready beer in a day...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluelimbo

Reaction score
Completed my first brew this past Saturday - was a pretty good time. Really looking forward to bottling and trying the end result! Oh the waiting - the waiting is a bit of a drag but really looking forward to seeing the end result. Was so excited that I completed the first brew that I totally forgot to take an OG reading (lol - whoops!). Given it was a fixed gear clone kit from NB, I am not too worried about the OG at this point (maybe I should be?).

All the posts on here helped a ton in my first brew! Really looking forward to searching through past articles/posts and getting to know everyone!

Hot damn! Worth the wait! Just had my first 6 pack of the first batch and it turned out pretty decent. I think my fermentation temp in the first week got a touch too high (76) so moved it to the basement where it stays a steady 64. All in all, not too bad. Hoping to do Midwest's Fuggle IPA this weekend!

lol - I am tempted at this point to run around giving away my first brew like a nut just so I can brew my next batch. Have two more planned (Fuggle's IPA tomorrow [hopefully] and a Cream Stout in a couple of weeks). Already looking at all-grain but with a little one running around, time is limited at this point and I still need to get the basics down. Maybe all-grain a couple years down the road - I tend to rush head long into things! Thanks for the encouragement and support! Really looking forward to getting to know everyone in HBT!

Later guys!

lol - I am tempted at this point to run around giving away my first brew like a nut just so I can brew my next batch. Have two more planned (Fuggle's IPA tomorrow [hopefully] and a Cream Stout in a couple of weeks). Already looking at all-grain but with a little one running around, time is limited at this point and I still need to get the basics down. Maybe all-grain a couple years down the road - I tend to rush head long into things! Thanks for the encouragement and support! Really looking forward to getting to know everyone in HBT! :mug:

Later guys!

Pat yourself on the back for a job well-done. Making great beer isn't all that hard.

I'd definitely move to all-grain when you can get the chance. Once you work out the mechanics, it's only a 4.5 hr process from start to clean-up. On the plus-side you have tremendous control over the final product. I'm sure your beer is good, but I'm also betting that most of us all-grain guys could tell from first sip that you brewed from extract. Not a bad thing, but very quickly you'll find yourself reaching the limits of what is possible with syrup and DME.

Just my two cents. .
P

Back