Tubing for Immersion Chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtb178

Reaction score
I just received a 50' 1/2" Immersion Chiller with garden hose attachments from NY Brew supply. It didn't come with any tubing, but I need to hook up tubing that will work with garden hose fittings. Can anyone suggest a specific type of tubing to use? I'm assuming a garden hose wouldn't be preferable given the water temperature. I'm going to be attaching it to my sink.

Thanks for your help.

Mine just uses regular vinyl tubing of the sort you probably use for your siphon. Some prefer silicone as it can better handle the hot outlet water, but that is just a matter of preference.

Mine just uses regular vinyl tubing of the sort you probably use for your siphon. Some prefer silicone as it can better handle the hot outlet water, but that is just a matter of preference.

Thanks. Maybe I'll make my ignorance clearer here: can you buy silicone--or vinyl--tubing that has garden hose ends? Or do I (can I) make some tubing myself?

Use two garden hoses. That's why NY put garden hose adapters on your IC.

Also, you can buy a sink-to-garden hose adapter at any hardware store.

Latest posts

Back