Bottle from the keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smerfs8485

Reaction score
So I just had a quick question. If you put beer from a keg to a bottle. will it loose carbonation? I just need to know cause I was wanting to send some beers to family but the awesome beer I have right now is in a keg.. I would really like for them to taste it.:confused:

I did what was on that post but since ive never done it I just wanted to see how long it would last. I guess ill have to bottle like five and open one every week as a small experiment. Thanks for the quick post norsk.

do a search on the bowie bottler, it works great for bottling from the keg.

I did what was on that post but since ive never done it I just wanted to see how long it would last. I guess ill have to bottle like five and open one every week as a small experiment. Thanks for the quick post norsk.

There's no need to do a lengthy experiment... either it will work or it won't. You can try one bottle, put it in the fridge for a day, and then check it.
If you had a bottle that went flat in a couple weeks, it wasn't from bottling from a keg, it would be from loosing pressure through the cap seal.
Trust me, bottling from a keg works just fine. Make sure the beer is cold, and you are bottling through cold lines and a cold bottle wand into ice-cold bottles. Leave only about 1/2" head space, and cap onto foam.

Ok then bottled two bottles and sent them off in the mail. if there flat oh well. I bottled on yesterday and opened it today it was fine. I guess that's going to work for me. Thanks for the help everyone

Back