Group Buy in Chicago #8

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry bout it ..

Well, I think that we appreciate you letting Bill know asap that you couldn't cover the cost. Others will just disappear. So thanks for looking out for the group when you figured it out.

Well, I think that we appreciate you letting Bill know asap that you couldn't cover the cost. Others will just disappear. So thanks for looking out for the group when you figured it out.

true .. at the same time it feels like i did a di*k move but at the same time everything worked out.. so thanks to those who picked up my order.. and next time i will make sure ahead of time i have money set a side to buy in bulk!!

true .. at the same time it feels like i did a di*k move but at the same time everything worked out.. so thanks to those who picked up my order.. and next time i will make sure ahead of time i have money set a side to buy in bulk!!

Yes

Paid today, paypal did not say anything about any fees so I am going to assume there were none, are you going to put a pickup time here when it will be available?

Coming from NW suburbs if someone wants to ride share or just for me to pick up.???

Hey Bill, I'm not showing as paid. Sent by Chase last night. Also, if tommygunner's order has leftover candi syrup still I can take it.

I'm at rt 53 & nw highway (rt14) and will be part of the advance split team If anyone wants cartage to the NW burbs. My weekday availability kind of sucks so plan on same weekend or weekday after 9:00pm for best results.

For the late comers, the order placement period of this buy is over. We are now in the collection phase which should last a few more days. Then we order and receive grain. Then the pickup period is last.

Can someone compile a list of who is getting what from tommyguners order? Thank you.

Any far south burbs and NWI guys, I'm planning on tugging an enclosed trailer up to pick up my 1400 lbs, if we haven't already coordinated let me know if you need cartage south. I-80 at the Indiana border (Calumet ave.)

Any far south burbs and NWI guys, I'm planning on tugging an enclosed trailer up to pick up my 1400 lbs, if we haven't already coordinated let me know if you need cartage south. I-80 at the Indiana border (Calumet ave.)

You can't carry that on your pickup bed?

Yes certainly if you want to drop in with the fork truck, I'll buy a roll of shrink wrap to keep it snug...

Now I can focus on important stuff, like what I'm going to bring to share on grain pickup day...

Can someone compile a list of who is getting what from tommyguners order? Thank you.
Sorry Bill, I was having a cookout before the rain comes.

Dark Crystal - Doongie
Pilsen - Doongie
Hallertauer Hersbrucker - Doongie
East Kent Golding - Doongie
Chinook - idigg
Summit - Clanchief
Magnum - Clanchief
Dark 2 CandiSyrup - Cadwallion
Vienna - Cadwallion

Sorry Bill, I was having a cookout before the rain comes.

Dark Crystal - Doongie
Pilsen - Doongie
Hallertauer Hersbrucker - Doongie
East Kent Golding - Doongie
Chinook - idigg
Summit - Clanchief
Magnum - Clanchief
Dark 2 CandiSyrup - Cadwallion
Vienna - Cadwallion

Thanks. Ghoti will update the database accordingly then I'll update the spreadsheet.

Sounds good, let me know when it's updated and I'll pay you.

Kids in bed, time to spend the rest of the night drinking DFH 60m and assembling my newly designed controller board prototype. Brewing a blonde ale tomorrow to test the board out.

tommyguners order has been redistributed. Please check your order to make sure I got it right.

ghoti said:
tommyguners order has been redistributed. Please check your order to make sure I got it right.

I like mine. Go ahead and update the spreadsheet and I will send the additional funds.

Paid today, paypal did not say anything about any fees so I am going to assume there were none, are you going to put a pickup time here when it will be available?

Coming from NW suburbs if someone wants to ride share or just for me to pick up.???

How much do you have to pick up? I'm only getting around 100 lbs. of grain (1 full sack and a few splits). I'm coming in from Des Plaines and can probably give you a ride if you need it/want it, also of course depending on where you are.

I updated some more payments. we are about 75% paid. If you paid and there isn't an amount paid to the right of your balance please send me a PM or email letting me know. If you haven't paid please do so as soon as you can. Thanks.

I updated some more payments. we are about 75% paid. If you paid and there isn't an amount paid to the right of your balance please send me a PM or email letting me know. If you haven't paid please do so as soon as you can. Thanks.
Just sent another payment to cover the two new items.

So how does the pickup process work? What happens if we are out of town the week the shipment comes in?

Since there are so many people ordering should we add a column in the spreadsheet to indicate location so people in the same area can carpool?

So how does the pickup process work? What happens if we are out of town the week the shipment comes in?

Since there are so many people ordering should we add a column in the spreadsheet to indicate location so people in the same area can carpool?
Bill will keep us informed when the order comes in, then a day or so after it comes in there will be a group of volunteers that come over to handle organizing the splits. It's a big order with a lot of splits, so that usually takes a day. When everything is ready, he tells us to come get our shiz off his lawn. :D

Usually you find someone to pick it up for you and either hold it or drop it off. I have had the misfortune of the last two group buys being out of town, so I had someone pick up my stuff so I could reclaim it. Leaving it at Bill's for more than a couple days will likely result in a hefty Homebrew Tax on his part.

Post here where you live and likely someone will at least get it close to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back