Went to the brew store today...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masterblaster

Reaction score
Picked up a 3 gallon pilsner for the light fans, a 5 gallon Pale ale for me, and a 3 gallon wheat beer for the Mrs. Starting the wheat beer tonight. Here comes the pipeline.

I have to catch myself most times at the hbs. If I started looking around I end up with a TON more stuff than I initially went there for. Not saying its a bad thing, but...

Nice pipeline

I always get in trouble when I go to my LHBS. Not only do they have almost all the equipment and supplies a brewer can dream of, they have a brewery on site that you can buy some excellent beer from.

Last night I went - I didn't need any supplies, but a copy of Designing Great Beers jumped in to my lap and said "Take me home!"

It's always such a struggle for me when I go to the brew shop. Before I go I almost always try and soften it up for my wife. "The ingredients should only be about 25-30 dollars at the most, plus I already have all the equipment!!"

Ha! I don't think it's possible to leave there without picking up at least some non-ingredient related item. My thing is right when I'm about to leave I think "I don't think I have a stopper and airlock at home for this batch." But I really have like five extras.

Same here too... like a kid in a candy shop, kind of like Costco always walk out of there spending way more than I thought I was!!

That's why I started with the wheat beer for the Mrs. If I can get her involved its game on for expansion.

Back