Kegging Question from a rookie

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tnsen

Reaction score
Well hello all....I have been homebrewing for 1.5 years now and love it...always bottled...now a friend from work also wants to start homebrewing. his father inlaw kegs , but does not use priming sugar. is this standard practice when kegging?, he was asking me and I dident know what to say because I just dont know...so I thought I would consult the brewing gods on here , thankx .......Tom

You can also hook up your keg to gas line at whatever your serving pressure will be and let it go for about 2 weeks.

Well hello all....I have been homebrewing for 1.5 years now and love it...always bottled...now a friend from work also wants to start homebrewing. his father inlaw kegs , but does not use priming sugar. is this standard practice when kegging?, he was asking me and I dident know what to say because I just dont know...so I thought I would consult the brewing gods on here , thankx .......Tom

Yes most people who keg use co2 and not priming sugar to carb their beer. You can use sugar to carbonate the beer in the keg, however you will still need co2 hooked up to dispense the beer.

Couple batches that are ready to keg and i dont have enough room in the kegerator ill dose with priming sugar so that when i hook it up to gas itll be ready for pour when chilled. I taste no difference between forced or natural carb also.

Also another situation would be if i had a 20oz tank and traveling to prime the keg with sugar and push with the tank.

Sugar saves gas is what im trying to say i guess...not much though.

Back