Mr Beer Booster Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rodwha

Reaction score
SWMBO says she found 2 Mr Beer fermentor kits, as well as a 3 pack standard International kit. I'd like to have the fermentors and figured that I can use the HME's and work them into something, maybe even increasing the yield. I wouldn't want to use the booster it comes with though, but I wondered if the booster could be used in an ale version of an American light lager in place of rice DME. Would this work well?

SWMBO told me that it was a 3 pack refill, and looking at Mr Beer's site they show 4 and 6 pack refills, and not 3, which suggests to me that it's from before they were bought by Coopers. How long do these things last? Do they have an expiration date on them anywhere?

Hopville has been taken over by Brewtoad, which doesn't have info on the Mr Beer HME's, nor did I find anything in the trial Beer Smith calculator. Anyone know of a calculator (free) that has brewing info, or where I might find the info?

Any of you guys Dr up Mr Beer kits and care to share recipes/info once I find out whether or not they are coming home to me?

rodwha said:
Hopville has been taken over by Brewtoad, which doesn't have info on the Mr Beer HME's, nor did I find anything in the trial Beer Smith calculator. Anyone know of a calculator (free) that has brewing info, or where I might find the info?

Any of you guys Dr up Mr Beer kits and care to share recipes/info once I find out whether or not they are coming home to me?

I just did a MB west coast pale ale and added a 1/2 cup OJ and a tsp if Valencia dried orange peel and its darn good.

I had that kit and tried to turn it into an IPA. I didn't understand controlling fermentation temps and I ended up dumping it.

But I've learned quite a bit since then! I'd likely not ferment in the LBK though, which I'm thinking may make a good lager fermentor in that it should fit nicely on a shelf in the fridge.

Could always make Belgians in it too.

Back