Good spicy wing sauce anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benzy4010

Reaction score
Anyone have a good wing sauce recipe? I LOVE wings and now it's time to cook my own but need a sauce and don't want the store bought stuff, not spicy enough. I like the buttery flavor sauce

The key is a mixture of two items. The buttery flavor comes from an item in the restaurant business known as Phase butter. It is available in supermarkets in the isles with the popcorn products. I think it is called movie theater butter. Usually a vegetable oil based product. Mix to taste with whatever sauce you love. Also, adding sriracha sauce (asian condiment) will push the heat level up a bit. I put it in my homemade BBQ sauces all the time. Cheers!

Try this:

http://www.evoamerica.com/cooking/evo-recipes/blairs-death-wings

The base sauce will give you about a 3-4 or on a 1-10 heat scale. Its a really good warm-sweet sauce. Use the After Death and Sudden Death to ratchet it up a few notches. Add two tablespoons of the base sauce in a bowl with six wings right out of the fryer, then add about 6 drops or so of After Death or Sudden Death.

I have made lots of good sauces, but if you really want that "classic" wing sauce with more heat, start with crystals of Franks and build on that. Why re-invent the wheel just to end up with the same thing?

I have ghost chili powder and hab powder.

Either will up the heat considerably without changing the flavor much. Most hot sauces will add more vinegar, which is OK, but not necessary if you have pepper powder.

Back