My first Batch!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hamsterheadsalem

Reaction score
So I'm so green I make lettuce look pale!
My first batch going in the pot next week. Here is what I've come up with.
4 lbs Amber DME
1 lb light DME
1 oz cascade @60 min. Boil
1oz citra at 5 min. Windsor yeast. What do you think? Should I add anything ? Just looking for a smooth beer to start.

Just a personal preference but I used the Windsor ale yeast once and I hated it. Again, that's just me. I would use US 05 or Nottingham in lieu of the Windsor

I would recommend a kit for your first time. Steeping grains, etc. make a difference and you'll know the quality is related to your process, not the recipe.

Easy to make your own recipes once you've done a handful of kits.

Cyclman said:
I would recommend a kit for your first time. Steeping grains, etc. make a difference and you'll know the quality is related to your process, not the recipe.

Easy to make your own recipes once you've done a handful of kits.

^^^^ this....
Get a decent kit with steeping grains and use Nottingham it'll chew through anything you won't have a high FG.... Just basically have fun and enjoy!!!

Hamsterheadsalem said:
going to add 1 lb of about a 10 crystal malt, I think this will give a bit more balance.

My beer turned out pretty good, a little hoppy, but still a good beer for my first time out

Back