xMalachi's Two Tap Keezer Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spraentart

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I bought a GE 5.0 cubic ft. freezer several months ago and have been using it as a fermentation chamber. I'm getting ready to convert it over to a keezer and find an alternative fermentation chamber. I plan to put two taps into the keezer. Below are pictures of the freezer and the list of parts I plan to buy:

35crcie.jpg

1z20qqc.jpg

Perlick 525SS w/Stainless Shanks
Taprite Dual Gauge Regulator
Ball Lock Disconnects

I have gift cards to Amazon so I'm trying to piece together my own little kit there. Also, I'm going to attempt to find some kegs locally. Please let me know if you guys think that I am missing something. Otherwise, keep an eye out on the thread and I'll continue to update as I make progress. :) I should probably also brew some beer soon so I have something to put in my kegs!

Last edited by a moderator:
good luck with the build. Are you going coffin style or just a collar and taps?

pannell77 said:
good luck with the build. Are you going coffin style or just a collar and taps?

Initially, I'm going to build a collar so I can keg but I will move onto a coffin later so it will be accepted into the house by SWMBO.

I'm going the same route, collar then coffin. I also drive a 2011 Mustang in Ingot Silver, what rims are those?

autiger said:
I'm going the same route, collar then coffin. I also drive a 2011 Mustang in Ingot Silver, what rims are those?

Nice, wish mine was an 2011 with the 5.0. I drove my friend's '13 and it was nice! They are AmericanMuscle AMRs. Essentially, they are RTR clones.

Yeah, I have the 3.7L. The 5.0 would be nice, but I am fine with it running an airaid intake with a Bama tune. I am wanting those AMR rims next

My Perlick 525SS's with stainless shanks arrived yesterday. I went and looked at wood today and will probably pick that up sometime this week to get started on the collar. Slow progress but ill get there. :) I still need to brew a beer to put in a keg as well.

Two months later... I'm back! I ordered my 5 gal keg, regulator, gas, and beer lines, and a 5lb Co2 tank.

Here's a pic! Collar materials will be bought tomorrow hopefully. I've had some back pain lately and haven't been up for going to the store to get the material.

image-1959455963.jpg

Back