thermo plastic tubing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littled630

Reaction score
The thermo plastic tubing on williamsbrewing.com, is this really flexible or not. I almost had my mash tun built and had a silicone tube that is not very flexible and cant be ran the way i need without kinking. I need a high temp flexible tube like almost licorice flexible. Please help

its not as flexible as silicone, a tight bend is best done with a fitting.

what are you trying to do?

See this is whats confusing i have a silicone tube and it might as well be pvc it has almost no flex. I have to go from my manifold outlet to the new spigot but theres a 1" difference in height and not much room to be flexing stiff hose.

I need to drop about 1" height over maybe 3 inches total. This mash tun has been a complete and utter headache and im getting close to only doing extract brewing and just giving up on building this stupid mash tun that i cant build because everything is such odd ball sizes and very litte space

If its kept straight it wont work it has to lower one inch and i dont think its the same kinda silicone tube you guys are used to. Its from a hardware store and its stiff as hell for a tube. Some people on here have said silicone tubing is stretching but not the one i have.

Back