How did you find us?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was googleing "Gunness bottles for homebrew" and found a thread here. It's pretty active so I thought I'd register. I'm currently brewing Caribou Slobber from Northern Brewery.

I Google searched "all simcoe hop recipe" and found a thread with 101 pages. It was love at first sight. I haven't brewed the recipe I found, but I did my first all-grain batch shortly thereafter--a dunkel weizen. I then brewed an IPA sort of based on the simcoe recipe, but I changed it to kind of make it my own. It's fermenting right now.

I was very thirsty one afternoon and decided to make a lawnmower beer, one short week later my thirst was quenched.

Every question I had regarding all aspects brought this site/App up every time.
Used it a lot on google.
Thought it time to download, and have it be my go to home brew Bible.
Brewed as a kid with my Grandad now brewing with Fiancee (oatmeal stout, smashing pumpkin, honey brown ale-extra honey)
yesterday did a 1 gallon batch of Hefe, all by my little self.. Woo hoo!

So hello good peeps, Pengwen here from Milwaukee Wi....
😁

Just started brewing in January. A friend of mine suggested that this was the place to come for information on technique, etc... I agree!

Getting back into brewing and to answer any questions I had I of course went to Google. The best answer for every question always came back to this site.

Every time I ever typed any question to google, the first 5 answer were always homebrewtalk.com and figured i should at least join

I brew to save money right now, so although I'd love to contribute right now, brewing is the reason I can really drink right now, so until I can, I love the free membership :tank:

At least 8 of 10 searches I have for brewing questions return the forum at HBT, so I think that's how I became a regular user of the site.

I found it from asking a brewing question on another forum I'm on that has a small home brewing section. Someone told me to come here since there is a wealth of info and they were correct :)

I remember finding it in searches. Tried a couple of sites like Cooper's,but they're in south aussiland. Then tried the link to this one & I'm still here...:ban:

I think there was a link off of a cycling site - HubSA.

Can't be too sure as I been absorbing as much info as I can in a very short space of time.

It was fate!

Not only did every search on the internet for good answers to my brewing questions lead me to HBT, but the forum I'm currently a member of (begins with "Mr.") had too many old timers that were plain sarcastic and disdainful to newbies.

This forum IS home!

Google search for "homebrew" Seems to be the top grandaddy of online homebrewing forums..So, here I am.

found ya by slumming around the interwebs. this site has already answered half a dozen quesitons and solved as many problems with my first attempt. i'll be lurking around from now on....

Like many others in the forum, I found this site using Google and am very glad I did find you good folks. I can't even begin to tell all of you how much help your knowledge sharing has been to me.
Thanks to all of you! :D

There I was, minding my own business, trying to grow beyond the Mr. Beer kit my lovely and devoted gf gave me for Christmas! A google search later and I was pulled across the event horizon of the inescapable black hole which is Homebrew Talk! :) Couldn't be happier!

True story… So there I was, standing knee deep in a pile of Maris Otter wearing nothing but a Hop Sock and a smile…… Truthfully, like the masses before me, I was lost but now I’ve found – You. Cheers and MANY thanks!

Best,

-JM

Wow, I was wondering how many people were into brewing, so I just typed "homebrew" into GooCh and this was in the suggestions. Really is like my wife - i type in one letter and instantly there are six suggestions to what they think i should do!:p

Hello Everyone,

I've been stalking this site for years and have gotten a lot of valuable information here. I decided to sign up today. I started a homebrew club in GR, MI about 4 years ago & now I'm starting a new one in my hometown of Ann Arbor.

Cheers!

I have been experimenting for some time now with making different fruit "hooch"es (wine but carbonated), having already done some Mr. Beer kit recipes in the past. Upon realizing my lemon hooch had stalled I jumped online to read fermentation related posts to see if I overlooked something. I had, but found some interesting topics along the way related to making wart from scratch. Once I have the right equipment I want to get back to beer recipes and this site seems to have answers to the questions I've wondered about.

Back