25 month old smack pack

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robabob

Reaction score
Wyeast 3522 is 25 months old. After I smack it do I put it back in the fridge or leave it out to swell? Should I just toss it? Thanks inadvanced fellas.

I'd say leave it out to swell and pitch if it does. It sounds like it might be interesting, especially since I'm not paying for the ingredients. Most people would probably say pitch it into the trash.

Interesting announcement! If you're gonna try it, probably going to need a starter. I'd advice chucking it- your beer is worth another 6 bucks, right?

According to Beersmith, the viability of your yeast is 5%. Out of 100.

First timer rookie mistake posting in announcements. I'm a firm believer in the saying "when in doubt, throw it out." Especially when it comes to my beer. A guy at a LHBS told me to smack it two weeks prior to pitching. I just wanted to see if it was still viable. I have two of these but if the overwhelming consensus is to chuck it so be it.

Back