Guy at the beer store recommended Newcastle Founders Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chadwick

Reaction score
So I bought it. Although I'm drinking one now, I still have 3 left and this six pack is almost 3 weeks old now. This is coming from a guy that likes to drink a beer every evening. Sometimes two.

Anyone else try this one yet?

I liked it when I had it but didn't find it to be anything special. That said, I have a feeling that it might be old. I haven't seen that stuff around in like 6 months.

That might explain the odd flavors I cannot decide if I like or not. I also cannot put my finger on what it is.

Edit: No sir, I don't think I like it. Just burped a little. Reminds me of burning plastics.

Are you a fan of English hops? I don't think it has fuggles or anything but English hops tend to have a different character than a lot of the American or even continental European hops. But yeah my guess is that it's old.

Jeez I had that back in October/November last year, so if they're still selling it that must be getting pretty long in the tooth. Probably the guy recommended it because he wanted to get rid of the old stuff in his inventory.

As I recall, I had it on tap at some buffet in Vegas last year. I thought it was ok so far as English Pales go.

Yeah that's what I was thinking unfortunately. I think it was more like July or August 2012 when I had it. It sucks that a clerk would recommend something that old though.

Yeah that's what I was thinking unfortunately. I think it was more like July or August 2012 when I had it. It sucks that a clerk would recommend something that old though.

Everyone's taste is different.

Everyone's taste is different.

Yeah, I understand that but a 6+ (more likely 8+) month old ale of that nature is certainly not the best representation of what it's going for. But it's very possible that the OP wouldn't enjoy it even when fresh too.

Back