new brew station up and running

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swanie

Reaction score
I got really tired of only having the one burner and trying to heat up my HLT and then when I'm draining out of my mash tun to the boil pot, it gets coldish. Not to mention I was scared I was going to spill boiling water on myself or risk dropping my finished wort. So today (an hour after I brewed of course) I went to home depot and got some lumber and walmart had the burner(HLT) for $39.

Now I really wish I could brew tomorrow, But will have to wait until the weekend.

DSCF8142.jpg

DSCF8143.jpg

DSCF8144.jpg

Well done. Just make sure the ceiling in that garage is fireproof. (When I set up my multi tier system in the garage a number of years ago, I had never really looked up. When I did I found old 1970'ish styrofoam.

Oh boy, I one lucky dude I did not have a fire.

Well done. Just make sure the ceiling in that garage is fireproof. (When I set up my multi tier system in the garage a number of years ago, I had never really looked up. When I did I found old 1970'ish styrofoam.

Oh boy, I one lucky dude I did not have a fire.

We live in brand new construction housing on an air force base. I'd like to think its up to code... but then again. There is also 7' from the top of the burner to the ceiling. I went with a fairly low profile design so once it gets nice out I can wheel this around back and brew on our covered patio (Once I install wheels that is.)

Just picked up some castors so it can roll, and another shop light to hang from the ceiling (one just isn't bright enough) and all the parts to do a homemade sight glass for my HLT. will post pics when i'm done

Added some heat shields where I felt needed, and made a holder for all my spoons, filter, lighter, refractometer and below a spot for my star san bucket. oh and my nifty paper towel holder.

The shields are drip pans for an oven, a 2pack at walmart is .97 cents, and they're easy to work bend to shape and cut. I also made a sight glass following the plans I found on the forum (as best I could with our ratty ass hardware store in town)

I still need to make a shield bellow the sight glass that sits on the burner so the pvc wont get too hot.

DSCF8150.jpg

DSCF8151.jpg

DSCF8152.jpg

DSCF8153.jpg

DSCF8154.jpg

Latest posts

Back