What's in your fermenter(s)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My taps are dry.
There is 10 gal of Dubbel in the fermentor but I'll give it 3 weeks before bottling and kegging.. can't wait to taste it.

Ii'll be ale to keg 5 gallons of my "All About the Chin" Chinook IPA, dry hopped with Chinook and Simcoe. Very excited to see how this one is going to turn out.

Nothing. But last night I kegged 10 gallons of a Little Sumpin' Sumpin' clone that had been in carboys for 9 months!

I got into a vicious cycle of "I'll brew/keg next weekend" and hadn't even checked the chest freezer for at least 6 months. It was set at 41 degrees and there were no visible signs of infection, so I decided not to dump it. The uncarbonated samples tasted pretty good, although they may need another round of dry hopping in the keg.

I've purchased a lot of new equipment over the last few weeks and hope to get back in the swing as soon as I get my garage cleaned out and build some shelves to store my brewing equipment. <-- More procrastinating.

Well one 5 gal has air another 1 gal has air.

One 5 gal has 100 Year War IPA (dry hopping)
One 5 gal has my (unnamed) Pale Ale
My 2.5 gal still has wine goin for SWMBO

Gonna go to my parents tomorrow and rack the wine there into secondary and take back my 8 gal fermenter so I can do my Xmas time Andy's Mint Chocolate Stout to get ready for the holidays.

Just dawned on me I burned up my drill last brew. Need to replace it so I can brew tomorrow and sat. So if I find a new drill in time it will be an ipa or pale ale and who knows what else. Might as well do 10 gal batches too.

DrunkleJon said:
Just dawned on me I burned up my drill last brew. Need to replace it so I can brew tomorrow and sat. So if I find a new drill in time it will be an ipa or pale ale and who knows what else. Might as well do 10 gal batches too.

Or be a man and hand crank haha

Put an American honey pale ale in the bucket last night. This am saw big bubbles!

The carboy has a dry Irish stout that will be bottled tonight. That brings my pipeline up to 4 beers in the bottle! I have been a busy brewer since 2/13. Then I can rest a bit (a month or so...) before I go AG!

In secondary I have a belgian Ipa with willamette and saaz using WLP550.

Primary I have a belgian specialty ale with coriander and candi sugar using WLP550 cultured from previous belgian ipa batch. I am bottling half with cartelized raspberries and the rest with dextrose.

10gal of a simple Belgian fermented with Abbey ale yeast (wlp530), to 5gal which I will add 2g of chopped rosemary leaves (in the keg), and to the other 5gal of which I will add lemongrass and lemon verbena (also in the keg; amount TBD).

Anglo-Texan fresh summer ale (whwat, pale, and pilsner nalts w/ smaller amounts of victory and caravienna, fuggles & willamette hops, and Nottingham yeast. Time will tell!

10 gallons of warrior/cascade pale ale; one fermentor dosed with a blend of US05/WLP002, the other dosed with a blend of WLP500/WLP550.

California Cream Stout and Big Hoppy Steamer in the secondaries. (Been liking the Wyeast 2112 lately.)

Empty primaries means I needed to hit LHBS today -- got the ingredients for a Two-Hearted Ale clone, that's tonight's project.

(When you master synchronizing the steps of a PM batch with the kid's bedtime ritual ... mashing & boiling when you need to, and brushing teeth/reading stories/tucking in when you need to ... it's all good.)

10 gallons of warrior/cascade pale ale; one fermentor dosed with a blend of US05/WLP002, the other dosed with a blend of WLP500/WLP550.

The one time I tried blending yeasts I didn't like the outcome. Got some crazy esters from it. I don't actually recall which yeasts, though. They weren't quite as compatible as the ones you used, if I remember right. I think it was a European yeast of some kind with American chico...

5 day-old Red Chair NWPA clone
2 week-old Irish Red Ale
3 week-old Wry Smile Rye IPA (plan on kegging later today)
Almost 2 month-old RIS bulk aging in a secondary

Back