Sightglass install

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abrew2u

Reaction score
I went one step too far with my step bit,the sight glass is pretty loose int the hole any way to fix this

There isn't much you can really do in terms of getting that metal material back...

Is this a weldless sight glass kit? if so, install the silicone O-ring/gasket, and put on the locknut. See if it can hold water and create a seal. Otherwise, you might need to look into getting the sightglass welded on.

if the sight glass bulkhead is one of the smaller ones, just drill bigger for a 1/2" pipe bulkhead and bush it down.

You will have to make a spacer, if the hole is too big an oring will get pressed inside when ya tighten it...it may work though. I did the same exact thing a while back, i made a spacer fromm a ss washer. Just milled it out to the size it was suppose to.

20130306_170103.jpg

Can I jb weld the bushing from the back side then fill it in in the front when it's dry

aluminum or stainless? if its alunimum you can get those soldering rods from ebay if stainless get spuds from Bobby Ms website and take to a welding shop may cost 10 bucks

Latest posts

Back