Best price on Blichmann Top Tier Burner?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chemman14

Reaction score
I know all the online places charge the same price for the burner, but is there anywhere that offers free shipping? I don't know why anyone charges shipping on this thing as they aren't the ones paying the shipping cost, blichmann ships it for them.

I purchased one recently through Williams Brewing in San Leandro, along with the kit for converting a floor burner to the Top Tier Stand. Total shipping cost was $6.95 (their usual shipping cost for those on the western side of the United States). The conversion kit was sent from California and the burner was drop shipped from Lafayette IN. To be honest, I was surprised that the shipping was only $6.95 for me. I was expecting to pay a lot more for the shipping of the burner.

I hope that this helps.

Mark

I purchased one recently through Williams Brewing in San Leandro, along with the kit for converting a floor burner to the Top Tier Stand. Total shipping cost was $6.95 (their usual shipping cost for those on the western side of the United States). The conversion kit was sent from California and the burner was drop shipped from Lafayette IN. To be honest, I was surprised that the shipping was only $6.95 for me. I was expecting to pay a lot more for the shipping of the burner.

I hope that this helps.

Mark
Williams is in CA so I would also have to pay tax on that. Thanks for the tip about rebel brewer swackattack

www.greatfermentations.com They have direct access to Blichmann (Lafayette, IN), being in Indianapolis. You can also accumulate points through them. I bought my first brew kit from them and some other equipment. Went in couple weeks later and purchased the Floor Burner and leg stands, used my points and received another 30 dollars off.

As far as I know, blichmann will only sell to vendors that agree to their minimum prices, so essentially everyone sells it for the same price or they won't be allowed to sell anymore. Some vendors will offer $0 shipping to be competitive and still honor the pricing commitments.

Occasionally, you will find a local retailer that will be flexible on pricing in person but they can't advertise anything but what Blichmann dictates.

The other thing to think is that if it's only a few bucks difference, you can gain some goodwill with a local supplier by giving your money to them instead of one of the mail-order folks.

As far as I know, blichmann will only sell to vendors that agree to their minimum prices, so essentially everyone sells it for the same price or they won't be allowed to sell anymore. Some vendors will offer $0 shipping to be competitive and still honor the pricing commitments.

Occasionally, you will find a local retailer that will be flexible on pricing in person but they can't advertise anything but what Blichmann dictates.

The other thing to think is that if it's only a few bucks difference, you can gain some goodwill with a local supplier by giving your money to them instead of one of the mail-order folks.
I would love to give support to the local guy but at 10% sales tax its just not worth it. I went with rebel brewer as they offered free shipping.

Looking to get one, and it doesn't look like Rebel Brewing has free shipping on these. Austin Homebrew has $6.99 shipping, but doesn't have them listed as "in stock".

Northern Brewer is $20 bucks, and Midwest is $25. Everyone else has been pretty close to those prices. :(

Looking to get one, and it doesn't look like Rebel Brewing has free shipping on these. Austin Homebrew has $6.99 shipping, but doesn't have them listed as "in stock".

Northern Brewer is $20 bucks, and Midwest is $25. Everyone else has been pretty close to those prices. :(

When I bought mine 2 years ago they drop shipped everything from Blichmann... just an FYI. Call Austin and ask if they can just put in a drop-ship order for you.

When I bought mine 2 years ago they drop shipped everything from Blichmann... just an FYI. Call Austin and ask if they can just put in a drop-ship order for you.

I emailed Austin, and they wouldn't budge. Is there anyone there I should specifically ask for?

Redcat said:
I emailed Austin, and they wouldn't budge. Is there anyone there I should specifically ask for?

I see that you are in Seattle. I would buy from Williams Brewing in San Leandro CA. Shipping is $7.99 and it will drop ship from Indiana. Not too bad if you ask me.

Mark

I got mine at Rebel brewing, free shipping and no sales tax. Also, it arrived in about 3-4 days, I couldn't believe it. Here's mine.

Edited Brew Night 04252013 Pic.jpg

I just went thru the same problem. After shopping around, Brewmasterswarehouse was the best shipped price. So I placed an order along with a few other needed items. After just over a week of "pending" I have them a call. "I'm sorry but we can't fulfill your order. We are unable to get the Blichmann products anymore." So after a little back and forth I'm still waiting on a refund from them.
Meantime, Austinhomebrew had the next best price. Purchased online and arrived within a week.. In the process of building it now..

I should have checked with Brew Brothers. I could have picked it up, as I was in Portland over the weekend.

Oh well, I ordered from morebeer, and the total shipping was 14.27. It should be here tomorrow.

Back